Honored Contributor

Re: UNDERNEATH MY BAREFOOT DREAMS

I don't have a problem with the sleeves of the sweaters being too tight with a long sleeve blouse or top underneath. That blazer from Barefoot Dreams is kind of heavy IMO, I would wear that with a tank and put a trench coat over that in Winter.

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

I am out of town and didn't pack a coat. It got colder than expected, so I was looking to see what I could layer. I wore a long sleeved t-shirt under a plaid flannel shirt and wore my bd cardigan duster over that.

@LorelaiGilmore   Were the sleeves on the BD tight?  That's the only issue I have trying to layer long sleeves underneath. Safe trip home...

@Shanus The sleeves were a little tight when I put on the duster, but once I had it on, it was comfortable. Thanks, got home just after midnight this a.m. Smiley Happy

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

I am out of town and didn't pack a coat. It got colder than expected, so I was looking to see what I could layer. I wore a long sleeved t-shirt under a plaid flannel shirt and wore my bd cardigan duster over that.

@LorelaiGilmore   Were the sleeves on the BD tight?  That's the only issue I have trying to layer long sleeves underneath. Safe trip home...

@Shanus The sleeves were a little tight when I put on the duster, but once I had it on, it was comfortable. Thanks, got home just after midnight this a.m. Smiley Happy

@LorelaiGilmore   Thanks for the reply considering you should be thinking about a little catnap.

Respected Contributor

I generally wear a tee SS or LS or a button-up white shirt (JJill) 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Actual California native here, and the sleeves on my Barefoot Dreams cardigans are a wee bit tight on me too!! 😄
I have the same issue you describe. I own four different "waterfall" cardis...the original style BD brought to The Q as a TSV. I bought two from The Q and two from Nordstrom during one of their Anniversary Sales.
Like many posters here, I wear an ultra-thin T-shirt underneath the cardigans in the fall, and a basic sleeveless tank (from Chico's) in the warmer months.
If I layer with anything heavier underneath, it is uncomfortable and I get cranky. ♥️
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Based on this thread, Barefoot Dreams missed a huge upselling opportunity...they should have offered their Milky Jersey T-shirts in the same colors as their cardigans when it was a TSV.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Shanus

Actual California native here, and the sleeves on my Barefoot Dreams cardigans are a wee bit tight on me too!! 😄
I have the same issue you describe. I own four different "waterfall" cardis...the original style BD brought to The Q as a TSV. I bought two from The Q and two from Nordstrom during one of their Anniversary Sales.
Like many posters here, I wear an ultra-thin T-shirt underneath the cardigans in the fall, and a basic sleeveless tank (from Chico's) in the warmer months.
If I layer with anything heavier underneath, it is uncomfortable and I get cranky. ♥️

@MarnieRez3   The last cardi I purchased, I went up to petite medium thinking the sleeves may have a bit more room. I'm thin, but workout & have "guns" (😜). Nope. Same slim fitting sleeves, so this last time they were on, I purchased those thin fitted tees, overpriced, but better than spending time searching to save $10. Still "in process" although my long cardigans, ordered at the same time arrived Wednesday. Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Long-sleeved tees and shirts.

This is what I do too and sometimes short sleeve tops.  When I wear a cardi like this, I usually keep it on the whole time.

i keep mine on the entire time also because it is part of my total look.

i mostly wear tanks or camisoles underneath mine......at the most, a short sleeved thin tee.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein