Honored Contributor

I ordered the MM Marks and Spencer sweater, it's back in stock. I think its a great basic and I love the sleeves. They have free delivery to the US and returns to US address. Hopefully delivery doesn't take forever.

I went by their size chart and measurements and got one side up from my US size.If you Google for charts they're all over the place.

This was my first time ever ordering any clothing from a UK web site. Anyone have a good experience doing that?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I ordered the MM Marks and Spencer sweater, it's back in stock. I think its a great basic and I love the sleeves. They have free delivery to the US and returns to US address. Hopefully delivery doesn't take forever.

I went by their size chart and measurements and got one side up from my US size.If you Google for charts they're all over the place.

This was my first time ever ordering any clothing from a UK web site. Anyone have a good experience doing that?

That was a very pretty sweater.

I've never ordered clothing from the UK but the other day I went to throw a top in the wash that I bought recently.  I happened to notice on the tag that it had sizing info. in various countries.  In the US, the top was a size large and the UK was size XL.  I don't remember what other countries were on the tag.    

Respected Contributor

That's a really pretty sweater.

I see UK sizing on shoes and other garments sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21I order from Woolovers.com (also in the UK) and have found sizes to be inconsistent from item to item. By checking each garment for sizing, I've had success with all orders over the years. Have also found the UK products are high quality and made very well. Hope you have an much enjoyment as I have found shopping across the pond. I love the quality silks, linens and soft wools that don't seem to be available here without other fibers added.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

You might take a peek at the sweaters from Ireland, to check the size against what you have ordered.  I am not sure if that would help you or not

I hope it turns out well for you

Honored Contributor

@cherry I thought about the UK vs the Irish sweaters. For me Irish sweaters always run big, lately not as much. But I'm always a medium in them (but the last two I got do button only at the top).I'm more pear shaped, smaller on top. Size 12 now in most things, sometimes a 10.

I have a feeling the Marks and Spencer sweater will be too big. I hope not.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you could google  your question, and find a link or 2 , to a board where people discuss this

Respected Contributor

I would not go by QVC sizing for Irish sweaters.  I've bought Aran sweaters in Ireland as well as from QVC.  QVC sizing is a size to two sizes bigger than sweaters sold in Ireland.

I've purchased clothing in the UK; my numerical size is one to two sizes bigger in UK garments.

Honored Contributor

My Meghan sweater arrived today, that was fast. DHL Express. I'm  an 10 or 12 and I got UK 14 and it fits perfectly. Shorter length than I usually wear in a sweater. But I like it.

Not worth $75 imo but it's my one winter splurge. Light enough for early Spring too.