Trusted Contributor

Re: Two tops for the price of one...

I also don’t care to buy a set, but what I never could understand - & this is from several years back, was two of the same color, with a different neckline or sleeve.

Respected Contributor

For the first time ever, I saw this in "real life".  Marshalls.  2 long sleeve tshrts on one double hanger. Black and white.  I got it because I can always use new long sleeve tshirts and the price was right.  Surprising though.,  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I'm all for it when they're essentials or basics because I'm going to buy it in a few colors anyway if it's a style I like. 
It's when they switch up the styles that I never want both. 
I've purchased a few Slinky sets that were very basic turtlenecks or tanks etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like it when they choose the color combinations... I would buy the 2 for 1 if I could choose the color combinations otherwise I don’t buy anything.🙃😉

Honored Contributor

It's always a pretty color and one not popular.  They're cleaning their shelves and it's a "loss leader"!

I won't order at all.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

It's the same deal as BOGO's at the supermarket -  so many times, I can't use both which makes one a give away which is okay if I can find a friend who who will accept what I can't use, but most of the time I just wait for a 2 for sale when I can get the reduced price on just one; even if it isn't as inexpensive as the BOGO per item, it's less expensive for me.

In terms of clothing -  it's really, really rare that I want 2 of the same item at the same time.  I do have a few multiples here and there, but I like to wash and wear before I commit to the second. 

But -  I'm not shopping at all right now and lots of buyers do order multiples so I assume the 2 for the price of one does sell -and I don;t ever want to want everything they offer, not even where I shop most often for my clothes.

@millieshops   Oh, I love BOGOs.  I stock up on diet colas, water, butter, (and formerly toilet paper and paper towels but not recently).  I get mayo, catsup and things that will not go bad that I will be using.  I love Supermarket BOGOs.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the price for two is a real bargain! 

At the beginning of the year I purchased Quacker Factory short and long sleeved two-fers and I was very happy with the price.

Of course, QF are always so comfy and fit me well, so I do not mind having an extra color.

Frequent Contributor

If the two for one was for different colors, I would like that.  But, when they put two different patterns as the selection, I never like one of them.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It's always a pretty color and one not popular.  They're cleaning their shelves and it's a "loss leader"!

I won't order at all.

I'm not sure this is true on the Q. Usually it is a set that is made to be a set -- not an item that they previously sold individually and are later trying to clear out by making it a set of two.

Honored Contributor

There are lots of discounts to be found if you just get off the shopping channels. Both Lilly silk and express always have buy one get the second item half off and the choices are vast. 
The Ann Taylor site is doing some huge discounts as well. $100 off of 200?! And just recently 61% for a good portion of their inventory!