Frequent Contributor

Two tops for the price of one...

Who actually likes it when a designer like Issac or Susan or whomever offers two tops for the price of one?  I DON'T!!!  Always, I like one of the tops and dislike the other.  I will not waste money on two tops if I'm never going to wear the one I don't like.  If they want to offer two tops for the price of one I would like to choose the two different ones.  Does anybody else feel the same way?

Valued Contributor

Re: Two tops for the price of one...

Yes, I agree! 

Super Contributor

I often like one of the 2 tops and not the other choice. Even when black and white are offered together, I 'll be interested in one and not in need of the other!
Honored Contributor

They do this to try and make the buyer get the top they couldn't sell.  It's usually that way.  Often it's a loud print that doesn't get picked up.  So they include it as a lure.

Respected Contributor

That's how "they" & stores, etc. get rid of slow movers. Make-up companies do the same.

Honored Contributor

Yes I feel the same way!  Usually the second is a color or print I would never wear...I prefer to purchase one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll take two!   (Isn't that a song or something?.........)

Oh, it's: .........'It Takes Two'   (I think)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It's the same deal as BOGO's at the supermarket -  so many times, I can't use both which makes one a give away which is okay if I can find a friend who who will accept what I can't use, but most of the time I just wait for a 2 for sale when I can get the reduced price on just one; even if it isn't as inexpensive as the BOGO per item, it's less expensive for me.

In terms of clothing -  it's really, really rare that I want 2 of the same item at the same time.  I do have a few multiples here and there, but I like to wash and wear before I commit to the second. 

But -  I'm not shopping at all right now and lots of buyers do order multiples so I assume the 2 for the price of one does sell -and I don;t ever want to want everything they offer, not even where I shop most often for my clothes.

Honored Contributor

if the price is reasonable i dont mind. otherwise, i would just not purchase.

iif i dont need orlike both i will either sell the one i dont want in facebook buy/sell groups OR i donate it to charity.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@dsw503 lol  Seems as if all the designers and hosts try to get us to buy one black, one white, and one of something else -- I usually want only the something else.