Trusted Contributor

Re: Two different patterns together and it's cute.

So modern!
Honored Contributor

The model in OP looks like she left on her pajama bottoms, IMO. If the pants were a small houndstooth or herringbone pattern in shades of black and white, l think the combo would work much better.

Something like this:

IMG_1145.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Looks good on the model, but I'm not so sure about on me.

I'd wear a finer black/white horizontal striped top instead.  Thinner stripes, in other words.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like it but there is not enough pattern and contrasted pattern.  She needs black/white pin-dot handbag and a black/white houndstooth jacket and some black/white floral shoes.  Sizes of prints must be right.  If the black/white stripe is large like this, good that the pants has a small plaid but need a very tiny pindot handbag and a medium-size houndstooth jacket.  She could also use a black-white small stripe bow tie at the neck.

Valued Contributor

Um...no, not cute to me.

It looks like someone got dressed with their eyes closed.

I like mixed media patterns...um, but not this.

Respected Contributor

I love it. I would definitely wear this.

Respected Contributor

I like to mix patterns.  In fact I did it in a small way today.  Wore a red and black buffalo check cardigan, red sweater and I accessorized with a scarf that was red/black/white with a tiled black/white pattern and red border.

But, the pattern mix in this picture does not work.  It is fun to match patterns, but you have to be careful to be sure the mix works.

Honored Contributor

I don't care much for mixing patterns like this one.  It just clashes too much.

Honored Contributor

Not bad.  If I have to say so myself when I was younger, I absolutely loved fashion and did mix certain patterns together. Not all the time, of course, but every once in a while.  You need a keen eye for doing this because not everything goes together like some say on QVC.  In your photo, I would have liked to see a black sweater in tiny little white dots on it except for the arm which would be solid black.  You could add a white scarf with black tiny dots aroun the neck.

kindness is strength