Honored Contributor

It's one of those looks that I would love to own, even though I have nowhere to wear it. I think it looks so flattering and sharp. In black or another color. 

Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture. Different look with the fishnets and those Dior shoes. Of course it helps to be as otherworldly beautiful as she is. I think the average woman can wear a modified version and look great for any occasion.

charlize-theron.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I like the look but those fishnet stockings ruin it.  I've always like the tuxedo look for women for formal occasions.....for other women.  I wouldn't be able to carry it off.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Looks so great!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: ❤ Tuxedo Suits ❤

[ Edited ]

I am wearing the recent white (more creamy) blazer and slacks from LDO January visit with similar pewter shoes on Saturday (no fish nets) and an ivory scoop neck chameuse tank in similar color and a pewter clutch (if the Lord gets me well from this pneumonia in time) to a political dinner. It has a tuxedo vibe while not being tuxedo.  I don't expect to look like Chalize.  For me, she is the most beautiful star in Hollywood at this time, surpassing Halle Berry.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday That sounds like such a beautiful outfit. Sorry about your pneumonia, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

@Nonametoday That sounds like such a beautiful outfit. Sorry about your pneumonia, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much.  It has been a malingering illness.  Got a CAT scan because I had it so long, and it was negative so that is a big praise!  Green Eyed Lady, I have learned to dress on a budget.  It is fun seeking out bargains to look nice.  I love doing it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one ... a vintage Ellen Tracy, circa 1995 ...  in place of the satin collar, mine is in sequin.  It was made in Italy of wool gabardine.  I've had it remodeled (or whatever the word is ... retailored?).

Honored Contributor

It's hard to find a complete suit, but plenty of tuxedo jackets are available. Brooks Brothers Italian wool, just the jacket is $800. Calvin Klein jacket, $68 at Saks Off Fifth.

I also like the idea of a tuxedo jacket with a nicer pair of jeans.

WJ00254_BLACK.jpegdownload.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SoX  That sounds beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ❤ Tuxedo Suits ❤

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

It's hard to find a complete suit, but plenty of tuxedo jackets are available. Brooks Brothers Italian wool, just the jacket is $800. Calvin Klein jacket, $68 at Saks Off Fifth.

I also like the idea of a tuxedo jacket with a nicer pair of jeans.

WJ00254_BLACK.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21...   Looks like mine ... except for the sequin collar.

Back then, Ellen Tracy did matching separates ... my jacket, alone, was about $500, but I waited for a sale.Robot Very Happy   Matching pants were in the $300 range.