Super Contributor

Re: Turtlenecks are very big again. But I can't wear.

[ Edited ]

@songbird I know the feeling. In 1990 I almost died from getting something lodged in my throat.  My husband was out of town and I made it out to the front yard before I lost consciousness.  A neighbor was pulling in from work and saw me collapse and did the heimlch on me and called 911.  Someone up there was watching out for me. I couldn't stand anything around my throat. Living in Boston and also a skier I had back  zippers put into more relaxed turtlenecks. Eventually I ventured into cowl necks and after MANY years I can now wear turtlenecks again as long as they are soft.  Sweaters seem to be less of a problem. I still can't tolerate anything tight around my neck but still love  (and wear) turtlenecks! 

Contributor

Turtlenecks are just too much, and not stylish at all on me.  There is a weird level of comfort also.

Honored Contributor

I love Linea turtlenecks and wear them throughout the fall and winter. 

Regular Contributor

Hopi me too, can t even wear t shirts! I run hot most of the time so that s another reason. I do think they are adorable though!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

Try a funnel neck. It's a very similar aesthetic but doesn't touch your neck.

3BF3CDCD-6BA0-4002-B9D7-A0F01DB306B5.jpegF6A8E14C-A202-4905-AB8C-D8C76BE87AE6.jpeg596CAFCE-A2A7-4CFB-99E7-0BBCC98A162E.jpegThe first two are topshop and the third one is free people

Honored Contributor

I cannot think of winter in my entire life when turtlenecks weren't popular and necessary.  I know there are people who don't like the feel of turtleneck on their necks, it's a psychological thing.  Just like I can't stand having hat on my head.  I feel like the hat is squeezing my head even though I know it isn't.  If you can't wear or don't like turtlenecks; don't wear them.  I don't wear hats.  Those sweaters are cute and I get that you don't like QVC clothes but I just bought two A385135,  A344800.  Blue and Camel.  I bought them to go with the full leg pants I bought last year.  The tunic ones I already own don't work well with full leg pants.  I needed something in that 23-24 inch length.

Super Contributor

I never see anyone wear turtlenecks. Maybe it's a geograp...

I never see anyone wear turtlenecks. Maybe it's a geographic trend. 

Respected Contributor

Gosh, I luv turtlenecks.  But I like the newer way of wearing them straight up, not folded over the old-fashioned way.  I think a turtleneck really frames the face and looks great under a blazer or jacket.  If its a heavy sweater, I can see there might be a scratch factor or if you're sensitive to wool you'll get an itch.

Maybe its the length of one's neck why some find them constricting.  I've got a long neck so there's plenty of room to accommodate.  Some people don't like wearing scarves for the same reason.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I can't wear turtlenecks or wool!  I feel like I am choking when I wear turtlenecks and am pulling at them the whole time I wear them.  Wool makes me itch and get so hot!  I buy mock neck tops in a cotton blend instead.  Much more comfortable around the neck and not so hot!  I got rid of every single item of clothing which was wool or wool blend.  I also had to get rid of angora and cashmere, as they made me itch and sneeze!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I love turtlenecks and all high neck sweaters.

kindness is strength