Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

How long do you think a tunic should be - to the very top of your legs, just under your rear end, or a few inches down your thigh? I know a lot of it is a matter of personal preference - I'm just wondering what you think! TIA! Smiley Happy

They may look good on you standing still, but tunics have to be able to move with the body without curtailing movement.

Those that have a slit on the side can be a little longer for me, at least longer in the back.

But those that have no side slit interfere with sitting if they're too long. 

So the "right" length depends on the style of the tunic as much as the person's proportions.

Honored Contributor

I think the most flattering tunic length for most women is just below the backside. The more leg that shows, the longer the legs look. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Long enough to cover the backside.  Longer doesn't do me any favors.  😊

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

How long do you think a tunic should be - to the very top of your legs, just under your rear end, or a few inches down your thigh? I know a lot of it is a matter of personal preference - I'm just wondering what you think! TIA! Smiley Happy

I think just below the rearSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Cover my butt and add 2 inches.  At least 28"

and I don't mind wearing them even longer

and I love dresses with leggings

I am petite 

Honored Contributor
Any long top is a tunic on me...looks like a short dress..,overwhelms my short self unless it is upper thigh length and I am wearing jeggings.