Honored Contributor

Re: Tunic lengths & tight upper arms

I prefer the medium V that Kim Gravel uses.  On colder days a shawl collar can be comforting.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is a style thing.  Remember back when jackets had loose sleeves, even blousey seams?  Tee shirts used to be shaped like a tee, straight down.

Honored Contributor

I love the colors of the TSV, the length and the seam down the front.  Yes this is casual and that's how I would wear it.  I think this would look cute over slimmer fitting jeans.

However, I hate boatnecks and this looks very ill-fitting.  Like some of the hosts and models, if it would fit me across the shoulders and neck, it would be too tight across my hips/butt.  If I go up to accomodate my lower half, it will fall off my shoulders or look sloppy. 

Honored Contributor

I agree about tunics. I don’t need or wear that many since I don’t wear leggings. I already have several to wear with my slim leg pants & jeans. 

I prefer a fitted slim sleeve. Not necessarily skin tight, but I definitely prefer less fabric in my sleeves. It also depends on the style of the top. In a button down, I prefer more room in the sleeve, but in a tee or sweater I like the arm slimmer. 

Honored Contributor

I have never received a Q shirt where the arms were too tight.  I find the opposite to be true, and I wish they were more fitted.

Honored Contributor

I don't have thin arms but I've never had a QVC garment, and I have dozens and dozens, where the arms are too tight.  Often the cuffs are way too big.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking............the D&Co TSV could be worn as a dress on women who are petite.  If they order the Regular size, and wear 'tights' (or very 'tight' leggings).  

It would be a cute 'dress', imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I have yet to see anyone wearing the TSV who looks good in it.  It looks all out of proportion or something. Honestly the fashions so far on the Q this year are a big disappointment.  I've noticed that they are all looking more or less the same.   It used to be that each designer had their own look and "fabrics" now not so much.  IM is looking a lot like D & C.  SG's prints are looking a lot like BM prints ect. ect. ect. and the quality of the clothing, style and fabric, just doesn't seem to be there anymore.  It's all very disappointing. 

@Silver Fox1 

I think you're right about the proportion/balance of the TSV. A different neckline and a more column fit would be a huge improvement

Occasional Contributor

Dennis Bases drives me crazy. He has tight arms and not enough fabric in the back but everything is normal or too big otherwise. 

Valued Contributor

I have noticed this trend also with having less material in sleeves making them to tight to feel comfortable.  So either you go up a size to get the room you need and sacrifice an overall properly fitting garment or you pass it by.  It is probably a cost cutting measure for the manufacturer but it is self sabatoge as I do not buy the item.  Too bad for both of us.