Occasional Contributor

Tunic lengths & tight upper arms

Way too many tunic length tops and why do upper arms have to be so tight?

Respected Contributor

Re: Tunic lengths & tight upper arms

Have enough tunic length tops and I prefer shorter tops.  I am short and balances me out better.  I do not wear leggings all the time and I am more of a denim person.

Easy pass for me today.  Pretty but do not need. 

Honored Contributor

I agree about so many tops having such tight sleeves!  I no longer have really skinny arms the way I used to.  I don't consider my upper arms to be really heavy but they are larger than they were when I was young.  So many tops that I like with long sleeves especially are just too snug to feel comfortable.  A little more room, please!

As for tunics, I like them, but I enjoy other lengths, too.  I certainly don't want to be limited to just one lenth.  For my every day use, I prefer tops that just skim the hips. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have long torso and prefer the look of longer tops. My arms are thin - so prefer sleeves that aren’t too wide.
Esteemed Contributor

I was just flipping by QVC and saw today's D&Co TSV being shown.  Another tunic.  Ugh.  I realize some ladies prefer tunics, but some of us shorties do not.  Even in a 'petite' size, that TSV would fit me a dress.  And the sleeves look too tight on Leah and the model.

The fabric looks interesting....  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the TSV today at all.   Just another glorified sweatshirt, of which I own too many already.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for such a wide neckline for a fall item.  i'm ready to have my tops more of a crew or V neck for the fall/winter season, especially since this top has long sleeves.  But beyond that, I'm pretty much done with tunics.  I don't wear leggings and I don't care for tunics with regular style pants.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have yet to see anyone wearing the TSV who looks good in it.  It looks all out of proportion or something. Honestly the fashions so far on the Q this year are a big disappointment.  I've noticed that they are all looking more or less the same.   It used to be that each designer had their own look and "fabrics" now not so much.  IM is looking a lot like D & C.  SG's prints are looking a lot like BM prints ect. ect. ect. and the quality of the clothing, style and fabric, just doesn't seem to be there anymore.  It's all very disappointing. 

Valued Contributor

I agree that the arms are getting tight. Logo in particular, cuts armholes very small compared to the relative size of the garment. I've learned to look at the armhole height in the measurement chart.Tight arms are particularly annoying in outer garments.

Super Contributor

Silver fox, you read my mind. Laid up today so looking forward to the D&Co show...now channel surfing for something else. TSV just a long, plain sweatshirt not flattering on anyone that I've seen. Other items presented so far same old stuff.