Esteemed Contributor

I've always had a slim figure, but never liked tube tops, micro mini skirts, or cheek exposing hot pants.  I guess you could say that even as a teen and 20-something a degree of modesty dressing has always a part of my fashion act. 

Honored Contributor

I remember them, but I never wore them. I would never feel comfortable wearing one, and I’m sure if I had wanted to my parents would not have allowed it. I had a large busted friend who wore one on weekends when we hung out together. She was always pulling it up. We were high school age at the time. 

Super Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Also wore with faded, blue overhauls in the 70s. A colorful, horizontal striped top was my favorite. Size 3 and 5 juniors looked great in this and 'hot pants.' Remember those? My dad didn't approve of my pink hot pant outfit. 

Hot Pants? Oh geeze, blast from the past. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

i had two tube tops, one green stripe and one coral red and wore them with dark rinse high waisted jeans and water buffalo wedges. what can i say, it was the 70s

Honored Contributor

I think I had one but to be completely honest I've never been confident going braless

Honored Contributor

If they are still available, couldn't we wear solid color tube tops underneath slightly sheer tops/blouses?

'Say', black tube top underneath a black or black print sheer-ish top/blouse.  Etc., etc.

Just a thought.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).