Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to Stop Buying Lunchtime Specials !

@winamac1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@proshop2 wrote:

HELP !  I keep buying  this stuff at 10:00 AM that I'd never buy any other time.    I need an intervention.  I don't need another pair or pants, tshirt, jacket, pair of shoes, dress,earrings, purse for the rest of my life.  I donate the used stuff, and keep buying more.Woman Sad

Just read the reviews. The majority of Luncheon Specials have awful reviews and it is a good way for QVC to unload the duds at lunch.

Just stop looking at them if they tempt you. Tell yourself you have enough and read some books about clutter and simplifying your life.

Good luck!

I agree.  Most of the lunchtime specials are DREADFUL.  I have found 2 or 3 logo tops, though, that were the exception.  They actually were ones I wanted when they were full price.  

I can't even believe some of the LTS.  They could not pay me to have them send them to me.  Woman Surprised

I swear they still have Motto and Modern Soul popping up!  Woman Surprised 

Contributor

Really girl ?  LOL  Are you a therapit ?  Thanks...I'm already very successfully retired.  Most of my post was in gist.  I don't drink, smoke,gamble do drugs, and so I allow myself to indulge in the lunchtime specials sometimes.  But lately the quality of the clothing items have been disappointing.  So no more for awhile.  It wasn't a cry for help,but I appreciate the concern. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I honestly cannot  believe how seriously my post was taken...really if someone was a hoarder or addicted, would they reach out to a fashion forum ? I pray not. I would hope that they did seek help from a prefessional.   I like to shop as do many of you, however I live well within my budget, I'm debt free, and I give back to my community in volunterism.  I'm not a hoarder, and I use whatever I buy. I donate annually to Goodwill or a women's shelter.  Thanks for your concern  ?

Contributor

Meant " professional."

Respected Contributor

It sure sounded like a cry for help. I don't really understand the purpose of your post if you're going to say you need an intervention and then act all indignant when these kind ladies take you seriously and offer helpful suggestions. Odd to me.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

It sure sounded like a cry for help. I don't really understand the purpose of your post if you're going to say you need an intervention and then act all indignant when these kind ladies take you seriously and offer helpful suggestions. Odd to me.

@Texasmouse   @proshop2

Well, the first word in the her OP was HELP and that she needs an intervention.    

Now, I think that she was either just looking for attention, or completely forgot what she wrote.   People were sincere in their replies,  but then she gets defensive when they take her comments at face value.   Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@proshop2 wrote:

Really girl ?  LOL  Are you a therapit ?  Thanks...I'm already very successfully retired.  Most of my post was in gist.  I don't drink, smoke,gamble do drugs, and so I allow myself to indulge in the lunchtime specials sometimes.  But lately the quality of the clothing items have been disappointing.  So no more for awhile.  It wasn't a cry for help,but I appreciate the concern. Smiley Happy

@proshop2

So did you actually mean "in gist" ... or "in jest" ???

Contributor

You are so right! After reading reviews on many lunchtime specials I stop and think before I purchase! Excellent advice!

Honored Contributor

@proshop2 wrote:

I honestly cannot  believe how seriously my post was taken...really if someone was a hoarder or addicted, would they reach out to a fashion forum ? I pray not. I would hope that they did seek help from a prefessional.   I like to shop as do many of you, however I live well within my budget, I'm debt free, and I give back to my community in volunterism.  I'm not a hoarder, and I use whatever I buy. I donate annually to Goodwill or a women's shelter.  Thanks for your concern  ?

@proshop2

There was nothing in your OP that looked like you were joking.   Even the woman at the end was "woman sad".      

Why would you ever think everyone would read your post ...  and then assume you meant something else entirely?