Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

This looks more like what I always thought a trouser jean looked like. More dressy, more similar to a dress pant.

NYDJ Teresa trouser jean

81NQwOzqATL._AC_UX342_.jpg

That's so funny! I was thinking they would be more like lots of pockets and a working jean. But I know nothing lol!

I don't like boot cut jeans for myself.

and not only do I think they don't look good on me or don't like the look at all, I tend to trip in too much material at the bottom!😑 

I like straight leg jeans, not skinny or leggings just straight.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Those in the photo are boot cut jeans, not trouser jeans, but we know how the fashion industry describes things to entice us to buy.  

There are denim pants made the same as trousers. I have a few pairs.  They have straight legs, one and two pleats in the front, fly zipper, and two pockets and look nothing like jeans other than they are made from cotton denim fabric.  I wear them with a traditional notched collar denim blazer.  

This is similar to calling a wrap coat, a trench coat, when it doesn't have epaulets, rain flaps, belts around the sleeves, and wrap around belt with a buckle

Women's dressier pants are often called slacks, also trousers, such as suit pants or finer pants often worn with a sports jacket, or blazer.  They are like men's suit trousers.

Trousers have straight legs with a plain front, single or double pleats, pockets, and often a fly front. They can be cuffed or not and in no way are they even close to jeans except both have long legs.  There was a time when boot cut trousers were a fleeting trend.

Of course, it depends on who's offering the definition, but this is what I learned many years ago, and not buying into, "This is what we call trousers today."  

Oh, and no, since I don't wear jeans or boot cuts, I wouldn't wear them.  I think they are too wide and long, as well.  

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 The 2nd picture is a true trouser jean. Made like a pair of dress pants out of demin lightweight fabric. I own a few pair and they are very flattering on my stocky short legged self. I haven't worn them in a while because I thought they were no longer fashionable. I might dig them out. Now if I only had somewhere to wear them.

Honored Contributor

I think the trouser jeans I own and I like...were a bit less fitted than what as posted.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21    Yes! This is more like my trouser jeans....I like them and and they are a bit dressier.

Honored Contributor

I do like trouser jeans, I have two pairs.  A mid wash and a light wash.  However those do not look like trouser jeans to me,  the jeans pictured are a boot cut.  Manufacturers and designers call things whatever they want to call them, there's no consistency.  

Respected Contributor

When I think of trouser jeans, I think of something like this. These trouser jeans are from Anthropologie. I'm a sucker for pleated pants. I've also seen some with a denim tie belt that I like.

image.png

Honored Contributor

I don't like that particular pair of pants!  Too wide and too long, and the faded thing is a turn-off.

-----------------------------------------------

I've noticed that they're using the term "denim pants" vs. jeans.

After years of not owning/wearing denim pants - over the past year I bought quite a few pairs from QVC and elsewhere

All are straight leg or slight boot cut.  No stretchy knits, only woven fabrics.   (I'm not buying knit pants ever again.)  

My preference is dark indigo - no fading or distressing.  Also bought some white woven fabric from LOGO.  (I wear white dance tights under white pants.)

QVC brands ....  LOGO, WWC (wonder denim) and some from D&Co ... they look good enough to wear most places I go.  Absoluely LOVE Lori's pin stripe denims- bought three pairs of them.  And, a pair of pin stripe PANTS from D&co. Studio line.

-------------------------------------

I don't know if it's my imagination - but based on some ads I've been seeing, it seems like skinny jeans are becoming less popular.  I never wore them.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Ditto. Trouser jeans are simply trousers made of denim. No contrast stitching and fuller through the entire leg.

The only thing trouser about the first pair is the cuff at the bottom

Esteemed Contributor

I have been looking for true trouser jeans forever.  I own a few pairs from years back and they are my favorites.  These pictures are not trouser jeans.