Honored Contributor

Tried on cute jean at Nordstrom

[ Edited ]

I tried this on at  Nordstrm.  It's wedge type jean.  Slim straight.  Very cute. High waist. But there's always something.  In this case it's the button fly.  I much prefer the zip fly.  It was pretty fast to button them on and off.  But it's annoying.  I've also seen it a lot in print.  They seem to be pushing this jean.  It's part of a sale at Nordstrom. This is a Levi, (if you like that brand).  Warning: very high waist.  about 29" inseam   11" rise  Looks GREAT with short boots.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tried on cute jean at Nordstrom

@songbirdThere was a time I bought much of my wardrobe at Nordstrom.  I still walk through their store to get into the mall a few minutes from home, but now I do that because it's an easy place to park.  I think their target audience in medium-price clothing is younger and more athletically built than I've ever been or ever will be. But that is the new world!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops   I agree. Still love their stuff.  Very, very expensive.  Although the jean above after sale is $70.00.  I love their sweaters & skirts.  Lovely Italian and Spanish leather boots.  In the $200.00 range after sale.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@millieshops   I agree. Still love their stuff.  Very, very expensive.  Although the jean above after sale is $70.00.  I love their sweaters & skirts.  Lovely Italian and Spanish leather boots.  In the $200.00 range after sale.  

@songbird @millieshops   There are new markdowns of 40% online. I purchased my grey NYDJ on sale. Yay for shorter sweaters online, too. 

Honored Contributor

That's what I call jeans.  They are not sticking to the skin but follow the lines of the legs -- perfect fit.  I would not like a button fly.

kindness is strength