Honored Contributor

Trends from Fashion Week

[ Edited ]

After looking through a bunch of slide shows from Spring 2022 Fashion Week there were 2 trends that stuck out to me.

1.  Geometric Prints.  

2.  Big Puffy Sleeves.  Think big round Snow White on steroids puffs, not the current puffy shoulders.

Thoughts?  Anybody else notice any trends?

Honored Contributor

Re: Trends from Fashion Week

I have seen about 5 trend posts.

I will not do:

Portrait collars

Oversized jackets

Pointed Shoulders like a hanger is in your coat

Ultra Sheer clothing

Super thick sweaters

Leisure wear in public

Monster boots

Puffer coats

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I have only seen a couple of posts here about the current Fashion week and I didn't see them as trends.  One just had some pics, the other didn't even have a pic, but was talking about how they should include older models.

I don't know what it is about designers and sheer clothing.  It can't be worn in a public setting without something underneath, but it seems a large percentage of them do it every year, so I wouldn't call that a trend for the season. 

Many of the things you mention would be for fall/winter.  The current Fashion Week is for Spring 2022.  Didn't notice and portrait collars.  There were a lot of cut down to the belly button necklines though.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I do follow several bloggers including Justine Leconte and they have already lined up the commonalities among the designers.

Being a stylist. I also watch the shows.

I wrote about fall winter trends.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I don't have the time to watch all the shows live or even the videos.  It's quicker for me to look through the slide shows.  Plus, I can save a pic of any that I might like which I couldn't do with a video. I can also look at the Fall looks from the spring shows that I generally miss becasue of vacation.  Most of the looks I saved were from the Fall shows.

I don't follow any bloggers or Youtubers, so I'm just posting the commonalities that I noticed.  That's why I asked if others had noticed other trends or had any thoughts on the matter.

I really don't get some of these designers who don't do runway shows, but provide pictures as their show with models in really weird poses.  Many of those poses don't do the clothing any favors at all, or you just can't tell anything about it. I thought the whole idea was to showcase the clothing and hopefully generate sales.

Esteemed Contributor

I think there is going to be a lot of sleeve attention. I've already seen the baloon sleeve on Denim jackets.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked geometric prints - in fact - wore one yesterday to a 9/11 ceremony.  (Got several nice comments.)

I don't do puffy anything.  

----------------------------------------------------

@Icegoddess wrote:

After looking through a bunch of slide shows from Fashion Week there were 2 trends that stuck out to me.

1.  Geometric Prints.  

2.  Big Puffy Sleeves.  Think big round Snow White on steroids puffs, not the current puffy shoulders.

Thoughts?  Anybody else notice any trends?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Agree with all but one of your "will not do" list.

The only item on your list that I do wear is "super thick sweaters.  

I've made some outerwear sweaters with bulky yarns.  All the same stitch - wide vertical ribbing. They work with my body type.

---------------------------------

@ECBG wrote:

I have seen about 5 trend posts.

I will not do:

Portrait collars

Oversized jackets

Pointed Shoulders like a hanger is in your coat

Ultra Sheer clothing

Super thick sweaters

Leisure wear in public

Monster boots

Puffer coats

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Just thought I'd share that when I watch the videos, I just stop and take a screen shot or move the video back slightly to get that model back up.

I think the "still shots" are trying to save money since the shows are very expensive, and they are probably trying to keep from exposing people to eachother.

I am amazed that some people don't "social distance".

I was going to go to a craft show yesterday on the yard of a church.  People come right up next to others and stand so they can see the items better.  Even though it is outside, there is no way to make it more safe since some people don't wear masks.

I didn't go.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Just thought I'd share that when I watch the videos, I just stop and take a screen shot or move the video back slightly to get that model back up.

I think the "still shots" are trying to save money since the shows are very expensive, and they are probably trying to keep from exposing people to eachother.

I am amazed that some people don't "social distance".

I was going to go to a craft show yesterday on the yard of a church.  People come right up next to others and stand so they can see the items better.  Even though it is outside, there is no way to make it more safe since some people don't wear masks.

I didn't go.

@ECBG I might try that if there is something I particularly like.  I know in the past when they did runway shows I could often get pics of the back of a garment as they were walking away beside or behind the next model.