Regular Contributor

Re: Trends I'm staying away from...how about you?

No uncomfortable shoes of any kind. No high heels, no shooties.

No leather or suede garments. I prefer my faux leather jackets to any other "real" material.

Not a trend, but no overalls.

No Capri or ankle pants. They feel incomplete.

No fringe.

I'd like to have the courage to wear hats. My mom does it and she looks great.

Esteemed Contributor

I love toppers that are generous enough to meet in the middle, but I am so over those droopy, drapey open fly away cardigans!  Otherwise, I'm pretty open to most trends if they're right for my body type and lifestyle.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

NO "faux" suede or leather.  NEver seen any that didn't scream Fake.

No fringe

No cold shoulder tops

No high-low hem lines in tops

No ripped, torn or pre bleached jeans

No wide hem pants

This is my stay away list for a long time now.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@KaliaMonet wrote:

1. No skinny jeans or leggings (too much junk in the trunk and fries on the thighs)

2. LOGO

3. Isaac (flowers on these hips? Oh no!)

4. Boots that go above the ankle (uncomfortable)

5. Skinny tees (my humps have lumps!)

6. Scarves (I connect them because they're pretty, but I can't wear them year-round like some ladies do. can you say strangulation and suffocating?)

7. Goucho pants (I think they're ugly)

But I live in flare jeans, hiking shoes, a nice duster sweater, and a comfortable tank top. 

Yeah, no gaucho's for me.  No skinny jeans.  Only bootcut for me.  I'm looking for an above the knee boot though.  Scarves I use for wrapping my hair on bad hair days.  Or sometimes to just go with an outfit.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No plaid (don't care who it belongs to)

No more skinny jeans or jeggings

No fringe on clothing (do own a RM crossbody with fringe)

Asymetrical hems

no beat up jeans

no faux fur

no faux leather

no more very very flat shoes (at least 3/4-1 inch)

no 100% poly-esther

I wear real leather and fur (shearling); wool and wool blends, cashmere, silk blends, cotton blends, real leather shoes and boots.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Boyfriend jeans

Boyfriend shirt

Boyfriend sweater

Anything that's "boyfriend" style means it's cut too big for me, and is therefore unflattering.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Cold shoulder.  And I'm getting mighty sick of assymetrical, high-low, etc.

Frequent Contributor

I'm definitely staying away from any and all dusters that look like bathrobes.  Ditto for anything that just hangs without any shape.  I've gotta say as someone who adores fashion and loves fall clothes, this has been one of the most disappointing years that I can recall on the Q.  Prices are high, sizing is inconsistent and there's been a general 'failure to wow' when it comes to presenting new items that make me want to pull the trigger and buy.  I've been heading to local stores finding way cuter things for about 1/4 to 1/2 the price.  Good for my wallet, bad for QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Want2BCozy wrote:

I'm definitely staying away from any and all dusters that look like bathrobes.  Ditto for anything that just hangs without any shape.  I've gotta say as someone who adores fashion and loves fall clothes, this has been one of the most disappointing years that I can recall on the Q.  Prices are high, sizing is inconsistent and there's been a general 'failure to wow' when it comes to presenting new items that make me want to pull the trigger and buy.  I've been heading to local stores finding way cuter things for about 1/4 to 1/2 the price.  Good for my wallet, bad for QVC.

@Want2BCozy

I recall thinking exactly that with a presentation just recently! I forget whose it was but it did look just like a bathrobe!

I think a duster can be very flattering when it's fine gauge/streamlined column fit. No bulky extra fabric

Image result for duster/bathrobe

too many are taking this shape!

Honored Contributor

Ponchos - You would think I'd like them. They're gorgeous, and I love anything southwestern. But I'm just not a poncho girl, even on weekends. Smiley Happy