Honored Contributor

Re: Trends I'm staying away from...how about you?

@jaxs mom wrote:

Athleisure

@jaxs mom

Completely forgot about that!

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

• over the knee boots
  • fringe (on clothes or outerwear; I do have a pair of booties with fringe)
  • camo (have never been into it)
  • Block heel shoes (too clunky looking for my size 10 feet)

Esteemed Contributor

ripped or torn jeans

purple or blue hair

cold shoulder sweaters

tight leggings

Honored Contributor

I could write a book on what I won't wear, I'm 56 so my days of jumping on every trend that comes down the pike are long gone.  First, what are Gumby jeans?  That one went right by me.

I like the look of skinnies but I also like to look good in my clothes.  So, I don't wear them and never will.  I wear boot cuts, boyfriend or straight jeans.  I also like flare jeans which seem to be everywhere but I'm too short and too wide to carry that look off.

I also don't and won't wear tops that have a "tail".  Some of those tails are exaggerated and very long.  Others come to the thigh.  I don't wear skinnies or leggings so there's no reason for me to go there.  Once again, that's hard look for short woman to wear and look good.

I think they are gone except maybe here at QVC but I won't wear moto jackets.  Been there, done that.  I've outgrown all those hip short, shrunken jackets.

I like that burgundy color that is absolutely everrywhere and that is why I won't wear too much of it in my clothing.  I hate looking like a clone.  I bought a burgunty top and I already own a burgundy sweater.  I'm done.  I'll get my burgundy fix in with the flats and handbag I bought recently.

There are probably other things I won't wear but those are the ones that come to mind now.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What are "Gumby jeans"? Never heard of those before.

@SilleeMeeI bet they're the pants we've seen in the thread on "odd items" where the crotch is down to the knees.

Image result for ladies pants with drop crotch

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

Woman LOL I'd call those drop-crotch pants "HAMMER PANTS"...as in MC Hammer, i.e. harem pants. They were popular in the 80s. The op said "Gumby Jeans" were bell-bottom type jeans. After I saw Gumby, that's when I got it.Woman LOL

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ECBG,

Woman LOL I'd call those drop-crotch pants "HAMMER PANTS"...as in MC Hammer, i.e. harem pants. They were popular in the 80s. The op said "Gumby Jeans" were bell-bottom type jeans. After I saw Gumby, that's when I got it.Woman LOL

download.jpg

@SilleeMeeThanks!  That was all that came to mind!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

torn jeans-no boyfriend jeans with holes

palazzo pants

cropped leather jackets

anything maroon/burgundy

cold shoulder anything

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I could write a book on what I won't wear, I'm 56 so my days of jumping on every trend that comes down the pike are long gone.  First, what are Gumby jeans?  That one went right by me.

I like the look of skinnies but I also like to look good in my clothes.  So, I don't wear them and never will.  I wear boot cuts, boyfriend or straight jeans.  I also like flare jeans which seem to be everywhere but I'm too short and too wide to carry that look off.

I also don't and won't wear tops that have a "tail".  Some of those tails are exaggerated and very long.  Others come to the thigh.  I don't wear skinnies or leggings so there's no reason for me to go there.  Once again, that's hard look for short woman to wear and look good.

I think they are gone except maybe here at QVC but I won't wear moto jackets.  Been there, done that.  I've outgrown all those hip short, shrunken jackets.

I like that burgundy color that is absolutely everrywhere and that is why I won't wear too much of it in my clothing.  I hate looking like a clone.  I bought a burgunty top and I already own a burgundy sweater.  I'm done.  I'll get my burgundy fix in with the flats and handbag I bought recently.

There are probably other things I won't wear but those are the ones that come to mind now.

ditto nothing burgundy!

I love flare jeans that aren't too exaggerated at the bottom

no bell bottoms!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I don't wear leggings or jeggings