Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trapeze hem on Denim & Co.

This is another hosts that I have stopped watching. She goes on and on about how everything looks good on every body type. If you are petite, you need petite clothing otherwise they are too long or too big. This clothing is not flattering no matter how you spin it. Believe your eyes not what is being pushed on the customers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I looked at the video.  Definately not the best look.

I prefer "long and lean".  Personally, I wouldn't wear anything that sticks out vertically from the body.

I agree.  I think the "shark bite" hems make everyone, no matter how thin or tall, look hippy.  Can't wait for this fad for uneven hemlines to end!

I just looked at the video.  $39 +s/h?????  Are they kidding???

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Carolyn and Gary are showing an awful looking Trapeze hem shirt now. And the Petite model just looks horrible in it, coming down to her knees. And C & G going on and on about how good she looks. If that shirt and model Sheila doesn't stop all short women from buying I don't know what will.

Should I believe C & G or my lying eyes?

OMG, did I write this???   Before the show, I put two of those tops in my cart.   When the presentation started and the petite model walked out, I dumped my cart and said, "THANK YOU!!   Money saved!"    I actually felt bad for her in that getup.  

Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

This is another hosts that I have stopped watching. She goes on and on about how everything looks good on every body type. If you are petite, you need petite clothing otherwise they are too long or too big. This clothing is not flattering no matter how you spin it. Believe your eyes not what is being pushed on the customers.

I really enjoy Carolyn and I think she's a beautiful woman.   I just wish she would wear the correct size in clothes and have a stylist or something.   Not all of the things she wears fit her well or compliment her shape.    That trapeze hem is a prime example IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

These are sales people doing their jobs.  This is a shopping channel.  Posts that complain about the hosts selling and the channel becoming and infomercial just crack me up.  Yeah, they should present something and say, man this is ugly, or this tastes like poo, and perhaps QVC can start running movies!!!

Valued Contributor

I have 2 of these in a short sleeve version from D&C. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, they couldn't look worse on me and I don't, for the life of me, know why I didn't send them back!
They are comfortable, but yikes! They are not flattering!
And buying it in black will not help...trust me.

I must've thought of joining the circus at the time, with "trapeze hem"...this is one look that needs to move on and be retired, imo..

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Carolyn and Gary are showing an awful looking Trapeze hem shirt now. And the Petite model just looks horrible in it, coming down to her knees. And C & G going on and on about how good she looks. If that shirt and model Sheila doesn't stop all short women from buying I don't know what will.

Should I believe C & G or my lying eyes?

I was channel surfing and saw that outfit.....I am home alone today and said out loud, how awful that outfit looked on the model....who is dressing these people?  I am not a styist but I know it was not a good look.

Frequent Contributor

I agree totally. That trapeze top looked awful on the petite model! These styles are not for everyone! I'm 5' and I've learned to be careful when ordering. It costs $9.95 just to try on an item from the Q if it doesn't work out😫
Honored Contributor

'Ten-four'/I hear you.  I do think that the stark white on TV made it look tent-ish.  Maybe another, maybe darker, color would have been better. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On another note, I do like the jeans with the chevron V detail below the waistline.  I hadn't seen that item before, and I'm going back to order it.  Plenty of length from the waist to the cr*tch area, which is what I'm always looking (for).  Others here might like that feature. .......... There is a new thread re: this item #A228213.  Thank you, poster!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).