L.L. Bean-

Honored Contributor

Old Navy- love the color!

@winamac1

Honored Contributor

LLB Signature-

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lolakimono

Funny you should mention transitional pieces...I was just thinking about that very subject!!

Transitional pieces are my biggest seasonal clothing challenges because I like to just throw on a pullover top and go...I don't like open cardigans as a general rule, and it seems as if that's the transitional uniform...i.e., blouse and cardigan.  

However, I broke two of my rules (no open cardigans and/or duster lengths) and purchased this open cardigan in the currant color to wear over a white tunic pima cotton long-sleeved JJill tee in cooler transitional weather, AND, in warmer transitional weather, over a white organic linen EF tank.  It's longer than I usually like, BUT, because of the colorblocking, it does NOT look like a bathrobe on me!  I just received it this evening and I love it.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Then, I bought these pants to wear with some lightweight sweaters.  

These are like a lightweight gabardine (for lack of a better description) and they're a color I cannot seem to find anywhere any more.  I used to call this color "stone"...not a trace of the dreaded (YMMV) yellow/tan/khaki/gold tones.  Armani stone is what I call it now because I think Armani is the only designer who "gets" this color.  

I love them...perfect with black and navy in cooler transitional weather...perfect with white in warmer trans. weather.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Finally (yeah riiight LOL), I wish I liked jackets...blouse and jacket instead of blouse and cardi HA...but I really don't.  It could be because the summer weight jackets are usually too short for me, AND, since I wouldn't necessarily wear them buttoned up, they are just the jacket version of the open cardi.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono@MacDUFF

I'm the opposite of MacDuff in that I'm not a cardi fan (except traditional) and much prefer the structure of jackets.

Here's what, for some reason, strikes me as silly: Short sleeves or 3/4 sleeves on a jacket!

No matter how cute they may be there's an element of ridiculous (to me).

Was watching the One World presentation last night and the same thing...cute pretty colors in jean jackets but 3/4 sleeves?!

Am I just being contrary?

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lolakimono@MacDUFF

I'm the opposite of MacDuff in that I'm not a cardi fan (except traditional) and much prefer the structure of jackets.

Here's what, for some reason, strikes me as silly: Short sleeves or 3/4 sleeves on a jacket!

No matter how cute they may be there's an element of ridiculous (to me).

Was watching the One World presentation last night and the same thing...cute pretty colors in jean jackets but 3/4 sleeves?!

Am I just being contrary?

I often roll or push the sleeves up anyway, so it doesn't seem silly to me.