Honored Contributor

Re: Tourists Sandals - 2019 Shoe trend - Any takers?

Some look like plain old Treva's.  I have a pair that I wear when boating and walking through streams while hiking.  They are sport sandals made for rough wear and very comfortable and dry fast.

Kinda funny that they are supposed to be fashionable too.  Maybe I can glue baubles on mine and wear them to party in now.

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I've reached the age where I am more concerned with comfort rather than wearing something that has to be a fashion statement.  I would/could wear a couple of these but I think I could find something just a wee bit more stylish.

But isn't the point that these are now considered "stylish"?

Esteemed Contributor

Ugly and uglier. And, depending on where you’re going, open toed shoes should often be avoided. I don’t know who comes up with these designs but, in my opinion, theylre nauseating.

Respected Contributor

I like Teva style sandals.  Guess I am in the minority but I would wear any of them casually for  summer trekking around.  Think they are fun looking so would give any of them a try will check them out!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

Thanks for the look.

As Tourist sandals, they do shout tourist!  😉

When I travel I expect to encounter the unusual, Not step in it.  Just the idea of having my feet open to the variety of debris on plane floors makes me unhappy.

Additionally, so many places don’t have the flat sidewalks, even steps, paved streets, etc we take for granted here in the US. I prefer a good looking, classy, leather walking shoe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I think I own the second pair in black with Velcro. Easy to adjust when my feet swell.

I have this style and they are really comfortable.  Would never wear with socks lol.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Some look like plain old Treva's.  I have a pair that I wear when boating and walking through streams while hiking.  They are sport sandals made for rough wear and very comfortable and dry fast.

Kinda funny that they are supposed to be fashionable too.  Maybe I can glue baubles on mine and wear them to party in now.

@Carmie

I was thinking the same thing. My husband has a pair of blue Treva's. They're common summer/beachwear here in Miami but a fashion statement? not so much

Honored Contributor

I’m a “Stocks-N-Socks” gal so...yeah, this is my jam. 

PSA: It’s not Treva but Teva

Regular Contributor

love these sandals! have been wearing Teva's for years and they are the best! i would wear most any of these except the stripes- they look a little too restrictive for summer heat

Honored Contributor

Gotta give ya a big fat no on all of these.