Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Some petite women could wear long tops as dresses, especially the print choices.

Wear long print tops with tights/leggings if the prints are Fall/Winter types.  Would be cute, imo.

Otherwise, I have a few long, boxy cotton Americana types of  tees that I'm thinking of cutting off to a shorter length.

If I recall, cutting cotton tees worked well when making DIY scarves from tees.  The edges don't unravel, if I correctly recall. 

Well, we'll see........I'll let you know if and when I decide to cut off my tees. 

I've been known to do this when I was younger.  They didn't fit like mini dresses either. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I thought of getting them cut off too.  There were a couple of tops that i liked, but did't get.  First thing I look is how long it is.  As it is now, I wear semi tuck and full tuck. I also wear a belt someitmes, and it looks good.  I've been wearing my tops like this for the past 2 years.  You can wear your clothing how you like it.  But to me, I much prefer them shorter.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I thought of getting them cut off too.  There were a couple of tops that i liked, but did't get.  First thing I look is how long it is.  As it is now, I wear semi tuck and full tuck. I also wear a belt sometimes, and it looks good.  I've been wearing my tops like this for the past 2 years.  You can wear your clothing how you like it.  But to me, I much prefer them shorter.  I thought of a student I know when I was on campus.  She is super tiny.  I think she's like 4'11" and only weighs 98 lbs.  She's the tiniest "normal" height person (not a dwarf) I've ever seen.  Very cute, very nice person. But the always has to cut and hem her jeans, pants, dresses, etc.  plus tops.  I think she's too small for petites.  Anyway, I thought of her when I saw this thread. 

Contributor

It's to hide the plumbers crack when sitting in low rise jeans or tight leggings.

Respected Contributor

I prefer long tops. I am petite.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I am thin and 5'3. The tops QVC sells, especially Issac, are way to long for me. They look like dresses. Even trying to tuck them in is ridiculous because you wind up with all the material stuffed in the pants.

I buy petite and XS and they are just too long. I do wear leggings alot, however, try stuffing that amount of material into a stretch legging.

Even looking at some of the hosts and models with the long tops looks wrong, to me.

Issac's tops are all too long. I have a few of his tops from a few years back and they are fine, but the last year I thing, go overboard.