Valued Contributor

Is it just me, but I feel all the tops they sell are way too long. Some are almost to my knees. Issac is the worse. I wind up sending them all back. Nothing is upper thigh length, all are just too long even to tuck in.

Is this the new style. I'm only about 5'2 and thin, am not buying anymore tops on QVC.

Respected Contributor

That's interesting that you feel that way. So many customers complained that the Candace Cameron Bure Today's Special Value shirt was too short.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci   Yes, the tops would be long especially on you.  However, I am 5'6 and I am totally sick of all the tunic tops.  I don't mind seeing a few but that is it.  I like a regular top that covers your belly and rear.  They should have more tops available in Petite.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Tops too long

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

That's interesting that you feel that way. So many customers complained that the Candace Cameron Bure Today's Special Value shirt was too short.

The tops you see in the mall are on par with the Bure tops.  Most are not longer then 25 ".White the norm at QVC is over 25"  A lot of the shoppers on QVC are over 50.  They've shrunk in height.  The average younger generation woman is still taller then 5'4".  usually every succeeding generation is a an inch taller.  Some of the tops on QVC look closer to dresses over pants.  And if the Bure tops are too short, they can certainly go over to Susan Graver., Women in Control, Isaac, Denim & Co, etc.. I had stopped buying these clothes before Bure & Barefoot Dreams came along. At least I have an option now.

Respected Contributor

I stopped buying tops on QVC. About 3 years ago everyone that sells here added about an inch to the tops. Occasionally I will buy a sweatshirt type top to wear around the house, but that's it. I think QVC gets stuck on a style, in this case tunic length, and that's all you see. 

Valued Contributor

Agreee, Many of them way too long but very boxy just hanging down over your hips. I am 5'7  an average height. I don't mind them coming to mid hip, but the ones longer than that are not very attractive at least in my opinion

Esteemed Contributor

Yes yes yes I agree. 🙌

Honored Contributor
I’m 5’5” and have longer than average torso.

I prefer longer tops.
Respected Contributor

As long as the Garment Measurements show length, I can make an informed decision. However, mostly that decision is not to buy. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tops too long

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA  I'm with you on this one.  I may only be 5ft tall but a 25" length top winds up being a crop top after one wash even if I hang dry it.  27" works, 28" if I want it to be more like a tunic.  Not only is my torso long, but I also have larger bust.  And when you need the "room" for your bust you also need the increased length since the large bust pulls up the length.  Those shorter tops just don't work for me.  I find I can't lift my arms up without my top exposing way too much that should never be exposed Smiley LOL.