Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I don't  like the longer tops either.  I think designers assume we all wear leggings so their tops come down to cover the butt.  I don't wear leggings.  I have not bought any clothes from QVC in quite some time.

@Winkk  Sticking my neck out here and will most likely get it chopped off: If you're wearing leggings and need a very long, boxy top with the longer back to cover everything up, maybe leggings wouldn't be the best choice for bottoms.

@Shanus  I don't wear leggings.  I don't have the legs for them.  

@Winkk   I don't wear them because I've found them "grabbing in the wrong places" and not comfortable to wear out and about. The ones I wear for exercise are tighter and made differently with a gusset you know where. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that IMO the tops are too long. I'm only 5 ft 2 so I realize that I am shorter than the average woman but seriously I don't really want a shirt that is all the way down to my thighs unless it is listed as a tunic.

I'm also pretty much over the longer in the back, shorter in the front look. How about a shirt that has a straight hem?  I find that the most flattering for me.

Valued Contributor

Recently, Amy Stran presented one of Lori's tops on QVC. The top came down to Amy's knees. Amy is so petite that the top completely overwhelmed her. The look is off putting to me. Why not just wear a dress over pants rather than buy a top that is way too long? It is not going to happen. I truly do wish QVC would sell more petites.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  LOLOLOL  yeah, that whole arm raise thing is why I have to have a little bit more length.  My body is not 21 anymore.  Some things should remain hidden on me. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

I like longer in the back - but I'm fussy about how the "longer in the back" is designed, the fabrics used, etc., etc.   The ones I make are perfect (of course!).

There are so many variables. 

I agree that some are terrible and look ridiculous - some of them look like "fanny flaps."   

----------------------------

@LindaSal wrote:

I am 5'4" amd ITA that many of the tops are way too long.  Unless I am wearing leggings of course, which I sometimes do.  I am mostly a jeans girl so I do like an average length top, not so long and please not the longer in the back type!!!  To me, those look ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ceci - I agree.  Most of QVC's start at 25 1/2 or 26 inches, which is too long for me, since I'm petite.  The only tops I have bought lately are from Candace Cameron Bure's line and the lenght is perfect.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci    I can't imagine why you'd buy and have to pay to return long tops when the length of each and every one is listed under garment measurements.  The only person you can blame is yourself.  There are quite a few petite tops list with Denim & Co. so you might want to look for those.  There are lots of tops that are not tunic length.  In fact, the trend seems to be toward shorter tops.  Just check the length before buying. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some petite women could wear long tops as dresses, especially the print choices.

Wear long print tops with tights/leggings if the prints are Fall/Winter types.  Would be cute, imo.

Otherwise, I have a few long, boxy cotton Americana types of  tees that I'm thinking of cutting off to a shorter length.

If I recall, cutting cotton tees worked well when making DIY scarves from tees.  The edges don't unravel, if I correctly recall. 

Well, we'll see........I'll let you know if and when I decide to cut off my tees. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Way too long for me @5'7 190 lbs. I am very short 

waisted. I also gave up buying a while ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps they are just clearing out old inventory of tunics and leggings?  Maybe there be newer styles next fall?