Honored Contributor

Top 10 Models Most Opened Shows 2020

I thought it was interesting to see who has the top model positions since we have seen so many in the past!  We rarely see Tyra or Naomi much at all.

Ralph Lauren didn't even do a Spring Runway show for 2020 which sometimes showcased some of the top girls from years past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nf89NwHpFU

Do these girls look familiar to you?Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Top 10 Models Most Opened Shows 2020

I didn't watch the entire thing, I just saw the usual vapid, super-skinny, expressionless, young girls. None made to look really nice, just to look like each other. You're supposed to look at the clothing not the model wearing it.

Respected Contributor

i'm suprised we didnt see the kendal jenner.  i heard somewhere the other day, she was the highest paid model to date.

Respected Contributor

I recognized the American models - the Hadid sisters and Cindy Crawford's mini-me, Kaia Gerber.  One or two of the others looked familiar, but as I don't get fashion magazines anymore, I'm sort of out of the loop.

The clothes are just so beautiful and they all wear them so well.  6 ft. tall and 110 lbs. makes a pretty good clothes hanger.

Thanks for posting this link.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

Only 3 of them....Gigi Hadid, her sister Bella, and Kaia Gerber.  Back in the day, I recognized every model.  I too agree I was surprised not to see Kendall Jenner in the group.

Honored Contributor

Only familiar with a few names:

of course Bella and Gigi....one due to social media and sister due to nepotism

Kaia...due to mommy

Adut...due to that confidence and walk

Mona has a drop-dead ethereal face

All of these women are gorgeous/tall/ultra thin and more power to them to hold their own in a highly competitive environment.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG A few look familliar- How couldn't they- The Hadid sisters, Cindy Crawfords daughter.  Beatutiful girls.  The girl they peg as top model is stunning.  The clothes flow spectacularly on her.  I can see why a designer would want her to open/close their show.  What a beautiful, beautiful girl!. 

It's so nice to see clothes/fabrics with some color and texture in them!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Hadid sister's mother Yolanda was a top model and their father is a multi-millionaire real estate developer. The Gerber girl...well you all know who her mother is. So there you go, an easy entry into the modeling field for all 3. 

Editing due to something I just remembered. It was back a few years ago when Yolanda was on one of the Housewives shows and she was using her influence to get the younger daughter into the modeling field and getting her some jobs. The daughter was on the phone complaining to Yolanda how she wasn't feeling good because she was starving and wanted to eat and Yolanda's advice to her was to eat 3 walnuts or 3 pecans or 3 nuts of some kind to kill off her hunger pangs. She knew the importantance of not having an extra ounce on your body!