Occasional Visitor

Tool to get fuzzies off clothes

I saw something on QVC during the holidays and I cant remember the name. It had a couple different attachments for different kinds of material, but it was a hand tool that  takes the the fuzzies off of your clothes. Ive been looking for it but cant remember the name. Thanks for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tool to get fuzzies off clothes

Can't help you with that item; however, I have always used the disposable shavers that we use for our legs. Daisy or something like that. Cheap and effective.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Is it a gleener?  If you can't get it here, they do have them on Amazon.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you're referring to the Gleener Ultimate Fuzz Remover.  It must be sold out, because I don't see it on QVC's website right now.  I bought mine elsewhere, and I've only had moderate success with it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

http://www.amazon.com/Gleener-Ultimate-Fuzz-Remover-Slate/dp/B00KIUX30G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14585...

You could also look on Amazon for fabric shavers.

I have the Gleener and it is pretty good but I also like the battery operated shaver too.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember having one back in the 60s called Defuzzit. Memories!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Is it a gleener?  If you can't get it here, they do have them on Amazon.

The Container Store sells it as well.

Trusted Contributor

I thought the one that QVC sells. It's really great. I've had some sweaters that  pilled very badly and got wonderful results using it.

Esteemed Contributor

I use cheap disposable razors to remove the pilling that can occur on ITY jersey tops. I prefer the cheap ones with no soap strip that you can get at the dollar store. I will smooth the top over my thighs and knees while sitting down and remove any pilling. I find that sometimes a backrest with a textured surface can grab at clothing. Also unlined faux shearling inside seams that are zig zagged or surged can catch on the sides and back of tops.

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Can't help you with that item; however, I have always used the disposable shavers that we use for our legs. Daisy or something like that. Cheap and effective.

What a great idea.  I will try this one.  Thank you for mentioning.