Honored Contributor

Re: Too skinny sleeves on puffer coats...

In general, I'm not a fan of skinny sleeves.  When the ultra slim models wear items that have very tight sleeves, I always size up a size or two.  'I mean'..........how would those items fit a regular arm, if they barely fit a very slim model's very, very slim arms?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

I'm confused. Does QVC sell women's clothes? I just see Missy and plus sizes. Are the women's as large as plus? Are they the ones with the "W" the women's like 22w? How does that differ from plus? I wear about a 12 and women's sizes look huge!

Women's is an old fashioned term for Plus Size.  A few stores still use but not many.    There's junior, misses or plus.  There is some overlap, a size 14 in misses would be cut a littler smaller than a 14W in the plus.  The measurements would be an inch or two larger in the plus. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Blondelle wrote:

I'm confused. Does QVC sell women's clothes? I just see Missy and plus sizes. Are the women's as large as plus? Are they the ones with the "W" the women's like 22w? How does that differ from plus? I wear about a 12 and women's sizes look huge!

Women's is an old fashioned term for Plus Size.  A few stores still use but not many.    There's junior, misses or plus.  There is some overlap, a size 14 in misses would be cut a littler smaller than a 14W in the plus.  The measurements would be an inch or two larger in the plus. 

@BlondelleIn recent years there has been some blurring of the lines between women’s and misses sized clothing. Although some of the specific sizes are near each other, they are different in a number of ways. 

Misses Sizes

Misses sizes have traditionally been even sizes going from size 0 through size 18. Size 20 has recently been added as a misses size. Sizes 14 through 20 overlap women’s sizes in number labels.

Women’s sizes

Women’s sizes are labeled as even sizes followed by a “W,” starting with 14W and going up through size 26W or higher. Sometimes women’s sizes are labeled X, 2X, 3X, and 4X. Women’s clothing is also called plus-sized clothing.