Respected Contributor

Too short in front.

[ Edited ]

I know I must be the only person in the world who dislikes them, because there are so many tops that are like this, too short in front.

I just don’t get it, you would have to be flat chested for a top not to be a little shorter in the front to begin with, but then exaggerate it greatly?

Classic example on Isaac Mizrahi show:

A352048 New Balance x Isaac Mizrahi Live! Pullover Hoodie with Pocket.  I wear a size large and it is almost 6 inches shorter in the front than the back.

I got out LOGO summer tops and same problem, what was I thinking. They all are short in front, I will have to wear all of them with a layer underneath. 

Super Contributor
Too much showing near the you know what for me! I really have disliked this slop look.
Esteemed Contributor

None of my tops like this are too short in front, but I am not tall.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, @Bhvbum , tops with short fronts are one area in design right now.  I'm not a fan either.  If you aren't flat chested they don't hang properly.

Esteemed Contributor

I do like a slight high-low hemline, maybe a 3" difference at most. But if the front is too short the garment becomes un-wearable.

I guess I really want a low and lower hemline.

Honored Contributor

This is likely the style that is driving the short front fad.

Image result for ladies tops with short fronts

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the front shorter than the back.  I want the front to be what I consider my normal length.  I can't wear a top like the picture to work with skin showing.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the front shorter than the back.  I want the front to be what I consider my normal length.  I can't wear a top like the picture to work with skin showing.

I agree, even if that top had a longer back, it would still be too short in front by the time I put it on because I have a larger bust than the young lady shown in the picture.

I have noticed this on the plus size models who wear logo and other tops like that, they really do look silly with their tops that short in front. 

And It’s as if it is ignored, because the presenter and the vendor are making a big deal that it covers your rear end!  What about the front?!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Please pardon me, but I can't help thinking when the girl pictured above takes a few steps, we'll be in cameltoe territory. The last thing I want is a top that 'rises above' in front to play peek-a-boo with said territory.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

LOVE the top.  Not a fan of the bike shorts.