Esteemed Contributor

I look great in my jeans & don't ever expect to stop wearing them!! If you get the right fit for your figure jeans are flattering at any age!!

Frequent Contributor

Because I still work and have to dress up I live for the days when I can wear my jeans. Today I'm wearing Liverpool skinnys with a white tee shirt, cashmere cardigan and booties. At 62 I feel I still look appropriate (and comfortable). 

Honored Contributor

I am a proud 61 year old woman.  I wear what looks good on me. I have many jeans, I have pull on pants that I love as well.  I want comfort and clothes that fit me well. No one has to tell me what to wear or not wear. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner Clearly - most boomers disagree with you on this.

Well, I'm sure life is very different in Florida than Oklahoma, and yes, lots in the farming industry do live in jeans, but I do see a lot of us that aren't into jeans and t-shirts any more.  

Besides, I've always marched to a different drummer anyway, so that is very very possible.  Maybe even probable!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

At 66 I have quite a collection of jeans and don't plan on giving them up any time soon. IMO if you feel comfortable in jeans and you still look good in them, go for it.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

At 66 I have quite a collection of jeans and don't plan on giving them up any time soon. IMO if you feel comfortable in jeans and you still look good in them, go for it.

I don't even think you have to look good in them!  If it's what you want to wear, wear them!

Esteemed Contributor

I find that as a baby boomer that I have to try on a lot of jeans in order to get the back rise high enough so that the back waist won't gape or drag down when I'm sitting. But that's OK. I'm ready and willing to try on a lot of jeans and even when there's more than 1 pair in the same size I will try on all of them in my size to see how they fit. My current favorite are the Levi's 512 denim leggings with tummy control in a size 14. I tried on all 4 pair at Sears in Canada and bought the best fitting pair in a medium wash. They were on sale and when they got marked down again I ended up buy the other 3 pair and turned one pair into capri jeans.

Honored Contributor

Well, I am over 53, and I still wear jeans so there's my answer. 

Honored Contributor

Some women will put down other women for wearing elastic waist "Mom " jeans but they then turn around and wear elastic waist leggings and don't see the irony in that.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I volunteer at a nursing home...one of the ladies is 92, and is wearing jeans each time I see her.  She looks really cute in them!

I, too, saw a resident at a nursing home wearing jeans, and she looked great.  Not only was she wearing jeans, but she cuffed them, and not because she needed to -- she was keeping with the trend of cuffed jeans.  She was also wearing cute flats, and I thought she looked great.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥