Honored Contributor

ROFL..... give up jeans at 53?  Haven't they heard that 65 is the new 30? So I figure I have at least an other 35 years of enjoying my jeans..... And even if that were the law, I don't give anything up I like, including my Harley Boots .....!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I think jeans are fine at any age.  My mother wore them into her 80s.  She was petite and looked adorable.  However, they should have a good fit, and they MUST BE CLEAN!!!  I can't tell you what a turn off it is to be able to smell someone's jeans from 10 feet away!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Age discrimination runs rampant.

@hopi,Actually, I think it's all about cellulite which can be delt with by chosing the proper cut.  

Many times if they've taken care of their skin you can't tell their age.

@ECBG  -  

I know they're not very popular around here ... but Sheer Energy control top pantyhose takes care of cellulite, even under knit pants.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd much rather see any woman (of any age) in a pair of jeans as opposed to wearing tights. I don't consider tights to be leggings, yet I see too many women in leggings and short tops....just my opinion. That said, some of you are knocking those of us seniors who occasionally wear pull-on pants. Don't knock us, please. I'm a small person, but my waist has always been my largest "attribute" and regular jeans don't always fit my waist. I love jeans and will always wear them, but I also wear knit pants as well, and I sure don't consider them to be "polyester"....! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Too old to wear jeans?

[ Edited ]

@Jannabelle wrote:

I'd much rather see any woman (of any age) in a pair of jeans as opposed to wearing tights. I don't consider tights to be leggings, yet I see too many women in leggings and short tops....just my opinion. That said, some of you are knocking those of us seniors who occasionally wear pull-on pants. Don't knock us, please. I'm a small person, but my waist has always been my largest "attribute" and regular jeans don't always fit my waist. I love jeans and will always wear them, but I also wear knit pants as well, and I sure don't consider them to be "polyester"....! Smiley Happy

I'm with you ! I take a drug that has caused me to gain a lot of weight around my mid section. I am uncomfortable in regular jeans.Today I have been home all day and so I am wearing  a pair of poly/cotton blend jersey knit capris with an elastic waist. I am comfortable and yet look fine.I can't tell you how badly I hate the derogatory use of the term Mom Jeans. First of all - being a Mom is not derogatory and second  - there is nothing wrong with wearing elastic waist pants or pants where the rise comes up to the waist.

Valued Contributor

I don't like any article that basically says women over 50 should just fade away and don't bother the rest of society. They think we are invisible anyway, so we should wear whatever the heck we want. 

Honored Contributor

mother is Re: Too old to wear jeans?

My mother is 90+.... (she'd hate it if I said her age so I won'tSmiley Happy, but she looks so good and cute in her indigo Gloria Vanderbilt jeans!

She still does tai chi and a lot of other things. She has more energy then I do for sure and always looks so elegant!

I have one pair that I love but I've taken to wearing cooler more comfortable pants lately, okay I admit, they could be used for sleepwear but they are so colorful and cute.

My daughter said, "Mom, you can't wear pajamas outside but every time I do I get compliments from people I know but also total stangers and get asked where did you get those?, And they want some too.

I think if you feel good and pretty and comfortable, you can wear just about anything at any dang age, yes even pajamas (that I don't think look like pajamas but pretty pants!, so sue me lol!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Then there should be an age limit on leggings when you think about it.  Wear what you feel comfortable in.  I don't think older women should wear trendy skin tight jeans nor orange leggings or leopard but it is really a personal choice and if you like it, wear it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

As long as I have dogs I'll wear denim jeans.  It's the only fabric to which pet hair is not attracted.  When I put on nice black pants, I look like a polar bear by the time I get to the front door.

I can't believe someone would suggest giving them up just because they turned 50.  This is the 21st Century, is it not?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

No age limit on jeans. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning