Honored Contributor

I'm in my 60's and jeans are my wardrobe staple. Just make sure they fit properly, just like any other garment. They will have to pry them out of my cold ,dead hands. LOL. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for agreeing with me!  I'm 67 -- I wear jeans every danged day!  I have my black jeans for "formal" occasions, and various pastel colors of jeans for spring and summer, and blue jeans for everything else.   Of course, I have light wash blue for summer and dark indigo for winter. 

No elastic pull-on pants for me.  Give me Levi's or give me death!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I am 66 years old, I wear my zip front blue jeans to everything, except the most dressy occasions.

@Snicks1

This tickled me because my mother calls her Levi brass "button" (w/button holes) front jeans her dressy jeans which she wears on dressy occasions.  She has large brass buckle belts to match the buttons.

Everytime I see her w/that outfit on, I tell her the only thing missing are pointy toed cowboy boots w/the spurs.  My brother then reminds me to not give mom any ideas.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't think so. You are never too old to wear jeans.

One of my doctors was wearing them to work before he retired. He looked good in them since he was tall & had long legs.

Just because you get older does not mean you have to wear the so called clothing for it. Times have changed & I'm not dressing like my grandmothers did.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My mother lived to be 94 years old.  She never stopped wearing jeans, unless she needed to get dressed up for church or some other occasion.

Respected Contributor

My first thought when seeing this topic heading was, WHAT, another age limit on a woman's apparel ?? This 82 year old will wear what she darn well pleases.

Valued Contributor

I have been wearing jeans since I was 7 years old and I'm now pushing 80. I'll never stop wearing jeans. I have a lot of them, different shades of denim, don't care for other colors. Glad it's cooler now so I can wear tights and boots. For years I had to wear business suits, and when in school always skirts and dresses but the minute I got home it was my jeans which were Levies or Wranglers (boy's only, girl's jeans zipped up the side). Things certainly have changed for the better jeans-wise. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Thank you all for agreeing with me!  I'm 67 -- I wear jeans every danged day!  I have my black jeans for "formal" occasions, and various pastel colors of jeans for spring and summer, and blue jeans for everything else.   Of course, I have light wash blue for summer and dark indigo for winter. 

No elastic pull-on pants for me.  Give me Levi's or give me death!

@tototwo 

Your reply reminds me of the first time I went down to WV to visit my brother and SIL.   I asked him what we'd be doing so I'd know what to pack - do I need anything "dressy."

He replied that clean jeans is about as dressy as it gets around his area!

Honored Contributor

When I can find other trousers that fit as well as jeans do, I'll buy fewer jeans, but probabl never none.

Esteemed Contributor

Age discrimination runs rampant.