Honored Contributor

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I have been waiting for Denim & Co to do a camo print top and today I stumbled on a new top in camo under 'top finds'. (Item #279909) It looks like it is to be a 'one day only' this evening. My question is not whether or not you like camo or even if you like the style of the top, but whether or not you think  there is an age where you are too old for camo print. I know that many will say that if you love it then wear it. But do not want to look silly either. I am what I consider a young 67.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Gypsy

No, I don't think camo has any kind of age restriction on it. But if you don't think you can pull it off, people will notice that.

Wear whatever you want and be confident

Honored Contributor

I'm not a camo fan and saw some of the LOGO show last nite where her camo leggings were being worn and then I saw they were $60. 

I just shook my head.  Amy looked kinda sorta cute in them, but that's the best I can say about them.

Super Contributor

Re: Too old for camo print?

[ Edited ]

Well, reading these replies reminded me of a Vera Bradley Camo Floral print crossbody bag I had admired. It has blues, greens, blacks and greys, colors that I wear a lot. I am not one for all over prints on my body but do like them in accessories! In my cart, on clearence!

Oh, I am 68 yrs young ☺️

Respected Contributor

While I usually think wear whatever you are comfortable in and what makes you happy. There are some things I just do not think is age appropriate.

One of those things is the Aeropostale or American Eagle (Hollister etc) clothing for anybody over 30.  Some clothing items just are not meant for the older generation. Especially if you are actively sporting the "muffin-top" to pull it off. I think seeing somebody 45 with Aero across the Chest American Eagle across the chest etc...looks like somebody is trying to hard to stay young. Same with the ripped jeans in those stores. I am 51 and if my mother made us wear ripped jeans to school I would of been upset..and kids who did wear ripped clothing - people felt badly for them. Now it is the style and you have adults who should know better but don't trying to pull off the younger style lol.. or the style of ripped jeans where you thong shows off.

Camo - is the question. Would I ever wear it..absolutely NOT..I think again that is a type of design meant for the younger sect of people not necessarily the "hunting" type per se but in our area the hunters, gamers, guns in the of the truck, the beer bellies, with long beard types love their camo. I have never thought of it as a fashion print for anybody except the guys who are into that stuff..and their GF or their girls lol...sorry but just my opinion and I haven't read one opinion on this thread yet! They like it..they sport it as hunters and outdoor types but not to be cool, in or trying out the latest wanna be fashion trend lol..

Respected Contributor

Zhillis I am sure she asked because your font is so tiny that you cannot hardly see it. Number 1 is way too small for these boards if you want your reply to be seen.

Trusted Contributor

@peachesncream Love the blog suggestions. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

Zhillis I am sure she asked because your font is so tiny that you cannot hardly see it. Number 1 is way too small for these boards if you want your reply to be seen.

I do understand.  When I came back and brought up a post that quoted me, the quote was miniscule!

I do not have a clue how it got so small.  After I saw that, I figured that was the problem because I did notice that she types large.  

I will type in a different one from now on.  Thanks for letting me know that it is showing up so small to you.  

QVC needs to fix that also!  It was changed on the board, not by me.  When I use 1 it shows up on my computer and Kindle just like most of the posts.

Contributor

@glorybe wrote:

Well, reading these replies reminded me of a Vera Bradley Camo Floral print crossbody bag I had admired. It has blues, greens, blacks and greys, colors that I wear a lot. I am not one for all over prints on my body but do like them in accessories! In my cart, on clearence!

Oh, I am 68 yrs young ☺️

Enjoy your Vera, especially on clearance!

Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

While I usually think wear whatever you are comfortable in and what makes you happy. There are some things I just do not think is age appropriate.

One of those things is the Aeropostale or American Eagle (Hollister etc) clothing for anybody over 30.  Some clothing items just are not meant for the older generation. Especially if you are actively sporting the "muffin-top" to pull it off. I think seeing somebody 45 with Aero across the Chest American Eagle across the chest etc...looks like somebody is trying to hard to stay young. Same with the ripped jeans in those stores. I am 51 and if my mother made us wear ripped jeans to school I would of been upset..and kids who did wear ripped clothing - people felt badly for them. Now it is the style and you have adults who should know better but don't trying to pull off the younger style lol.. or the style of ripped jeans where you thong shows off.

Camo - is the question. Would I ever wear it..absolutely NOT..I think again that is a type of design meant for the younger sect of people not necessarily the "hunting" type per se but in our area the hunters, gamers, guns in the of the truck, the beer bellies, with long beard types love their camo. I have never thought of it as a fashion print for anybody except the guys who are into that stuff..and their GF or their girls lol...sorry but just my opinion and I haven't read one opinion on this thread yet! They like it..they sport it as hunters and outdoor types but not to be cool, in or trying out the latest wanna be fashion trend lol..

CouponQueen, thank you for taking the time to reply. I do agree with you on  points regarding some stores/styles are best left to the teens.

As to hunters camo, that is not what I see much of around me and if it was then I might have a much different opinion. But what I see around here is military and that is what inspires me.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I'm not a camo fan and saw some of the LOGO show last nite where her camo leggings were being worn and then I saw they were $60. 

I just shook my head.  Amy looked kinda sorta cute in them, but that's the best I can say about them.

Those leggings were really cute.  They run huge as all of her leggings do.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"