Esteemed Contributor

Too hard to buy shoes by mail

i've noticed so many shoe shows on QVC lately. Unfortunately, the three pairs of sneakers that I bought, all had to be returned. It's just too difficult sometimes to buy shoes by mail, and have to pay seven dollars for each pair to be returned. I've decided to go to the outlet stores and try them on right there. The prices are just as good, if not better.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too hard to buy shoes by mail

Shoes are turning to be the hardest thing to order.

I got a new pair of walking shoes last April and swore that would be it until this thing was over.

Well here I am still waiting.  Going to have to deal with this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 I see so many shoes I like on qvc but I won't order because the risk is far too great that they won't fit.  It's a shame, I would love to buy some of the items I see.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the same boat with shoe returns to QVC.  I try to not watch the shoe presentations because I do NOT want to pay to return another pair of shoes!

Respected Contributor

Zappos is a good place to order shoes. Shipping is free if you need to return. The shoes must be unworn

Honored Contributor

I agree!  I used to buy shoes often from the Q but now do not.  The last few pairs I bought had to be returned so now I do not buy shoes and besides i have enough.  

Growing up I used to go to shoe stores which measured my foot, length and width and I rarely had problems with the fit.  These stores still exist but not as they did in the past.  

Super Contributor

Often I would like to try a pair of shoes from QVC but I won't. One expensive experience with paying returns for shoes ended any QVC shoe shopping for me. I'll read what people have to say on QVC and look for the shoes on Nordstrom, Amazon or Zappos. If I can't buy shoes with free returns, I won't buy them.
Respected Contributor

I'm going to try Amazon Prime try before you buy. There are several pairs of shoes I want to try. 

I'm finding limited selections for shoes in my local stores. 

Occasional Contributor

Same here.  I have a small but wide foot. Very hard to find shoes that fit .   Only time it's a plus is when buying shoes like Nike. 

I  buy them in the children's section and since they are normally cut a little wider than adults, they fit me perfect.  The price is usually a lot cheaper too. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy shoes online. It's just too difficult for me. I really need to try shoes on first. I wear an 8 or 8.5M which is a fairly common size, but some shoes pinch my toes, some are loose in the heel, & some I just don't like how they look on my feet. The only time it works for me to buy online is if I am buying the exact same shoe as I already own. I bought another pair of my workout sneakers that way, and they worked out fine.