Honored Contributor

I live down South and Fall is apparently never coming this year and summer is here to stay.  So to give it to Mother Nature, I pulled out my boots yesterday and proudly wore them just because it's October and it's time to do it!   

Honored Contributor

I am in suburban NYC and Iwore short black boots and jeans out to dinner last weekend.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

weather was in the upper 80s yesterday,  but i was going to the dentist and it's always  freezing in that place, so i wore a long sleeved tee and ankle boots. i didn't feel warm at all, even when i stepped outside. so yeah, go ahead and wear your short boots if it's not that cold yet. i've been buying boots in preparation for late fall, and i can't wait to start wearing them 😊

Honored Contributor

It's around 70-75 degrees here and I'm in clogs for work and booties to look appropriate with fall clothes which aren't heavy.

A heavy boot with lighter weight clothing looks out of proportion.  

I'll get out boots with heavy scarves and clothing.

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I work at a college, and I see girls wearing them now (mostly the shorter ones), and it's been 80 degrees all this week!  (I'm in NE Ohio.)  They all wear leggings or jeggings with them.  Some people have told me they don't have any shoes......just flip flops and boots, so nothing else to wear when it's 50's or 60's.  I'm still wearing my Birkenstock Gizahs as long as I can.  I will start wearing boots when the temp gets down to maybe 45 or lower.  I have plenty of shoes to wear in the interim.

That's me...love sandals/flip flops and I love boots anything in between, not so much 😬

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Re: Too Soon To Wear Boots?

[ Edited ]

@Arianny wrote:

Hi all.  It's going to be in the 60s where I Iive on the East Coast next week.  I want to start wearing my skirts with boots, but is it too soon?  Is that more of a colder weather thing?  Need your opinions - thanks.

I live in NJ and I'm still wearing sandals.  It will be at least a month (and I hope longer than that) before I bring out the boots.  Cold weather lasts through at least mid to late March.  That is plenty of time for me to wear boots.

Honored Contributor

I put my summer shoes away over Labor Day weekend.  I've been wearing my Clark's boots and other low boots since.   Under pants ... no one can see that I'm wearing boots.

Valued Contributor

I already wore my black pair last week because it was chilly enough here in MA. However, this week has been getting into the 70's later in the day and I do not want to wear them in those temperatures.  I have seen other ladies wearing them though, to each her own!

Respected Contributor

Re: Too Soon To Wear Boots?

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing my ankle boots now for a couple of weeks.  It's still too hot here to start wearing knee high boots.  I usually don't start wearing them until the end of October or middle of Novenmber.   Today I am wearing shorts, flip flops and a short sleeve tee shirt.  I usually dress for the weather. 

Honored Contributor

Been wearing boots with rolled up jeans all summer.  Still wearing em.  I'm at work with jeans and ankle boots typing this...