Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

OK, so I went to the office wearing white capris today.  It's October, right? However, it's 80 degrees here, and I dress for the weather.  I don't care about dates!

@2blonde has our weather not been fantasic here over the last 3-4 days?  I love this.

Honored Contributor

I've worn some shooties already but I don't break out the knee boots until it's at least in the low 50's.  There is enough time of the year for me to wear boots, I'm not going to rush it.

I know it's fall but I dress appropriately for the weather, not necessarily for the season. 

Valued Contributor

Life is short.  Wear them when you want to, not when people who rule the fashion industry & whose main goals are soley to get consumers to spend money & make them rich--really, don't let those people decide when it is ok for You to wear something You enjoy!  Go for it Smiley Happy

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I have sandals on right now, it has gotten a little cold out, but today it was in the high 60's. I think however it's time to store them away until next Spring, as much as Ihate to, but I love boots too.......I noticed here at work, no-one is wearing their sandals anymore...They are pulling out the fall clothing .....

Respected Contributor

Have seen up north and in FL, young gals wearing Ugg-type boots in furry, wild -colored materials.  Oh yes, they wore them with short shorts !

Evidently, it doesn't matter what the temperature or time of year anymore.  Definitely in the extreme minority.....they sure stood out !!!

Wear whatever makes you happy and comfortable.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I wear boots year round.  In the winter I wear them for warmth, comfort, and looks.  In the summer, spring and fall I wear them for comfort,  and the western look.  I square dance and find them the most useful of the shoe types.  

Respected Contributor

I used to wear boots with professional office attire years ago.

Now in my early 70's, if I try on even a short, short boot, I begin to feel claustrophobic and have to pull it off as quickly as I can.

Boot-wise, I have one pair of lace up snow boots...being a snowbird, I probably should donate them.  Maybe they are like insurance: if I give them away, I'll need them; keep them, I won't.   LOL

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I start wearing ankle and knee high boots in October and then through the month of March.  Wear your boots if you want. I saw sandals and boots in my city this past week. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sort of an all or nothing girl.  I don't like to "flip flop" (pardon the pun 😊) between my shoe wardrobe.  Shooties or booties are of course acceptable year round.  But a few weeks ago it turned quite chilly here in Minneapolis.  I could not believe how many women were dressed in black skirts, black tights and black boots.  I felt like a misfit.  

The end of that same week Minneapolis hosted the Ryder Cup and it was beautiful--warm and sunny--and certainly sandal weather.   One night out for dinner we met a group of guys from Scottsdale and another from Dallas.  I am quite certain they came packed with parkas.  They were pleasantly surprised by our warm and wonderful weather. 

Honored Contributor

We had a family event just yesterday, and all of my beautiful DILs wore boots of one height or another and looked classy as all get out.