Honored Contributor

Re: Too Many Of Those Shoes Look Like Grandma Shoes!

Does this particular subject really need more attention than it has already received?
Esteemed Contributor

I think it simply that QVC offers whatever is likely to have the least returns, whether footwear or clothing.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

ITA. I don't even bother to watch SSWJ anymore.

Super Contributor

On 2/20/2014 cyndog said: I agree, Aerosoles and Clark's do have a lot better shoes than QVC shows from those lines.

I buy the majority of my shoes from the Aerosoles shop ... within walking distance of my apartment.

Super Contributor

QVC has severall cute styles on the website that are never shown on air. If you want to buy your shoes from QVC you might try searching there.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

The shoes offered on QVC for the most part are positively dreadful. They are almost all ""sensible"" shoes and some downright orthopaedic looking.

There are a lot of stylish shoes offered that aren't unwearable high heels or shoes that would cause bunions or foot problems. It seems some are of the mindset that there are 2 extremes. Ugly granny shoes or super high stiletto heels.

Super Contributor

I would love to wear hgih heels and wedge heels, however, I wore those kind of shoes ever since I was 20 years old, and now I am paying for it. I have osteoarthritis in my feet along with other problems so I have to wear "sensible" shoes. I wear either Birkenstock, Clarks or Rykas. You may call them Grandma shoes but I call them comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Qualitygal, That sounds fine with me, but I'll bet you that there will be people on here that will object to that label.

I never get upset about someone voicing their opinion as long as they don't direct it to any one individual, that's just plain mean.

Everyone likes different styles, colors, etc. Some people have never learned that when someone says (in a non-combatant way) that they dislike something, they are not specifically criticizing them, just the style.

There are people that always feel the need to defend their beliefs, likes or dislikes. I think they do this because they feel the criticism is totally directed toward them; when often the poster is just saying, "I don't like this or that".

We are all entitled to our own opinion. This forum (I believe) is for the purpose of expressing our opinions (without being really mean) and offering up ideas.

I have been the person who has been attacked so badly, I swore I'd never post on here again. Then I heard from some of you (I always read the posts, just did not post) that I would let the meanies win if I stopped posting. That made sense. Most of you are wonderful.

These same mean (downright mean) people are the same ones who would never, never think of looking the person they're attacking in the eye and saying the same thing.

Anyway, I was just posting that Clarks and all of the shoe makers they show (they don't offer many shoe makers) have some updated shoes.

Yet QVC continues to show shoes that many people would never think of buying. I know that if I were not suffering terribly from a bad back I would be wearing other shoes (now I mainly wear Birkenstock). I love looking at shoes and I buy some for my adult daughter. She wears high heels, wonderful modern shoes. Much like the women here would like to buy from QVC but aren't offered.

It isn't brain surgery to know who QVC's target audience is. Just watch the styles of shoes, clothes and other things offered.

How many times have they had Denim & Co on? I love Denim & Co but if I worked I wouldn't be able to wear most of their clothes to work. On the other side, how many times have they had Kitchen Aide on? Hey! How about Dyson?

When was the last time they had shows with more than an hour here and there of Linea or some well known designers?

I think I made my point. I was just using the shoes as an example.

I love QVC. I buy a lot of their clothes. I've bought 4 Dyson's from them. Kitchen Aide, lots!

Again, I don't work, my lifestyle is that of a Senior (thanks Qualitygal). No complaints, just trying to give QVC a heads up that there are many others here who aren't Seniors.

Come on QVC I'm tired of sitting here watching Denim & Co, Clarks, the guy from New Zealand, etc. and falling asleep.

Wake me up! Show me some sling back heels (that's Spring). Show me some Linea (black and white (that's Spring)). Show me some makeup that doesn't say, "will cover up age spots"!

Frequent Contributor

I like the shoe selection here. I have many Rykas which are great for working out, as well as Clarkes. It's good these companies carry styles in the wide and larger sizes which can be difficult to find. If your lifestyle is more casual, they're wonderful....comfortable and great looking. I get compliments all the time, and they're far from orthopaedic.

Businesses know who their target audience is and market to them. Most who are looking for so called modern shoes are probably not at home sitting in front of their TV all day. They know where to go to get them and where the selections are. Zappos comes to mind as well as other online sites and other shopping channels. So many other options out there....malls, outlets, specialty shops, boutiques. Some shoppers may enjoy getting out and shopping itself....they like looking, touching, trying on. The prices may be better, and they're not stuck paying S&H and dealing with the hastle of returning.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 annabellethecat said:

Qualitygal, That sounds fine with me, but I'll bet you that there will be people on here that will object to that label.

I never get upset about someone voicing their opinion as long as they don't direct it to any one individual, that's just plain mean.

Everyone likes different styles, colors, etc. Some people have never learned that when someone says (in a non-combatant way) that they dislike something, they are not specifically criticizing them, just the style.

There are people that always feel the need to defend their beliefs, likes or dislikes. I think they do this because they feel the criticism is totally directed toward them; when often the poster is just saying, "I don't like this or that".

We are all entitled to our own opinion. This forum (I believe) is for the purpose of expressing our opinions (without being really mean) and offering up ideas.

I have been the person who has been attacked so badly, I swore I'd never post on here again. Then I heard from some of you (I always read the posts, just did not post) that I would let the meanies win if I stopped posting. That made sense. Most of you are wonderful.

These same mean (downright mean) people are the same ones who would never, never think of looking the person they're attacking in the eye and saying the same thing.

Anyway, I was just posting that Clarks and all of the shoe makers they show (they don't offer many shoe makers) have some updated shoes.

Yet QVC continues to show shoes that many people would never think of buying. I know that if I were not suffering terribly from a bad back I would be wearing other shoes (now I mainly wear Birkenstock). I love looking at shoes and I buy some for my adult daughter. She wears high heels, wonderful modern shoes. Much like the women here would like to buy from QVC but aren't offered.

It isn't brain surgery to know who QVC's target audience is. Just watch the styles of shoes, clothes and other things offered.

How many times have they had Denim & Co on? I love Denim & Co but if I worked I wouldn't be able to wear most of their clothes to work. On the other side, how many times have they had Kitchen Aide on? Hey! How about Dyson?

When was the last time they had shows with more than an hour here and there of Linea or some well known designers?

I think I made my point. I was just using the shoes as an example.

I love QVC. I buy a lot of their clothes. I've bought 4 Dyson's from them. Kitchen Aide, lots!

Again, I don't work, my lifestyle is that of a Senior (thanks Qualitygal). No complaints, just trying to give QVC a heads up that there are many others here who aren't Seniors.

Come on QVC I'm tired of sitting here watching Denim & Co, Clarks, the guy from New Zealand, etc. and falling asleep.

Wake me up! Show me some sling back heels (that's Spring). Show me some Linea (black and white (that's Spring)). Show me some makeup that doesn't say, "will cover up age spots"!

Lovely, sweetpea!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}