Trusted Contributor

Re: Too Many Of Those Shoes Look Like Grandma Shoes!

QVC has decided who it's target audience is, and they are marketing what reliably sells for them. They've decided to take few chances and play to their strengths. Denim and Company, Susan Graver, comfort shoes -- they sell by the trainload and generate huge profits -- so their strategy is working. How fortunate for us that we can shop elsewhere for styles we like, prices we want, and pay less (or nothing) for shipping/handling!

Valued Contributor

On 2/20/2014 skuggles said:
On 2/20/2014 evelomaddict said:

i wish they would offer plunging necklines in both tops and dresses.

i guess that means i shouldn't hold my breath? lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

I don't care for their shoes. I did buy a pair of IM boots in the fall that were the tall wedge boots and they are cute and instyle. But everythinh they show now is u-g-l-y!!!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/20/2014 Trix said:

Many ladies of "grandmother" age have to a lot of wear comfort shoes because of achy bones and joint. However, some of the sharpest shoes I see are worn by women who are over 60. Including myself, many of us can't wear 5-inch stilettos, but there are certainly many stylish options on the market for to meet our needs.

I'm always disappointed that QVC doesn't bring more variety from Clarks because they do have some styles on their website and in their boutiques which are comfort--yet stylish. Unfortunately the QVC shoe buyers are not flexible with their selections from their vendors. It's been this way for a while. With the exception of the introduction of GILI shoes, and the few shoes Isaac has in his line, it's not about to change.

I can find shoes other places for a better price. The S&H is a deal killer.

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. Other than Orthaheel sandals and may one pair of sneakers years go, I buy all my shoes at Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor and Kate Spade. I hate those grandma looking shoes that the Q sells plus I want to try on my shoes before I buy them.

Contributor

It seems like the updated shoes are shown during FFANY Shoes on Sale and the Gili line. I realize the shoes are donated for FFANY but I think the sell outs prove that the customers would purchase them. It's almost like Lisa is the only one that can have a shoe show with updated shoes. I have complained several times about their shoes, the Gili Collection is to high for me.
Super Contributor

On 2/20/2014 skuggles said:

i wish they would offer plunging necklines in both tops and dresses.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

i guess that means i shouldn't hold my breath? lol

No, you'll get that plunging neckline, but they'll stick a piece of material in the neckline for "modesty" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

THe majority of shoes sold on QVC are hideous- Why anyone purchases shoes from the Q is beyond me! Most of the time, they are overpriced- THe Clark's wedge for example is $60+ more expensive on QVC-Check other sites people!

Super Contributor

it's ironic OP that you wear what I consider the most orthopaedic looking shoes ever made but start a post about QVC selling cuter shoes. What is the point of your musings? If they sell sharp shoes you can start a post about it asking who would buy these shoes?

There was a thread already started about the GILI heels and how uncomfortable they looked and how the models' feet were hanging out. QVC sells products that their customers buy and don't return. That's what they base their product lines on. When they sell the GILI shoes and women buy them because they want to see them at home, return them and then come on the boards to complain about them, then QVC will stop selling those as well.

I buy nothing here anymore because I like to go out and touch, feel and try on things and can always find cuter, less expensive items in local stores.

I think many of the posters watch QVC all the time just for company and an opportunity to complain online about everything.

Honored Contributor

Annabelle,

How about if we call them Senior shoes?