Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Your'e a beautiful person in every single way.  Just be Happy my Dear!

Image result for a toast

Honored Contributor

My main closet is full so whenever I buy something new I remove an old piece and get rid of it. There's never an overflow and I try to keep on top of it so it doesn't get that way. Same goes for clothing in my drawers. New comes in...old goes out.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  You are one of my favorite people on these boards.I love reading your posts.They are so much fun!! Keep them coming my friend!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!! I needed someone to come up with a plan for me to get rid of clothes I'm not wearing. I have 3 closets with nothing but my clothes in them and I still look at fashion shows to find the perfect outfit I need to wear to an upcoming event.  I have tops, pants and dresses hanging in  the closets that I've had for several years and never worn. I'm planning on downsizing so this is good. I am going to use your catagories, goodwill here I come !  

Regular Contributor

Please consider other outlets besides Goodwill.  They are really not a charitable organization and there are so many others out there.

Valued Contributor

And me - it is purses, too!

Respected Contributor

OMG I went through the same thing.  I have small closets and I had so much stuff cramed into them, as well as stuff on the floor and then I have a huge storage room in my basement which is packed.  I got to the point where I said enough is enough, I can't live like this.  I could never find anything it was such a mess.  Everything I have fits, beautiful clothing and shoes, bags, scarfs, etc.  but I don't get to wear so much of it so I finally got a ton of large garbage bags and went through most of it (still have more to go) and even though I really liked an item and it fit and looked good on me if I have not worn in for a few years and probably never will, in the bag it went.  I wound up with 20 bags stuffed full and donated it to the Vietnam War Veteran charity (they pick up).  I feel like I can breathe again and it feels wonderful. Now I have to go through my shoes (no kidding I must have 100 pairs if not more) and love them all.  This is going to be painful!  Also got rid of so many handbags as I usually just use 1 or 2.  This was a very carthadic exercise for me.

Respected Contributor

Me too, and I'm loving it. Beats having nothing as a young working girl. 

Honored Contributor

I use Vietnam Vets of America....they come to your house for pickup and leave a tax receipt,  I don't even have to leave my home, just schedule a pickup date.  

@BadWolf wrote:

Please consider other outlets besides Goodwill.  They are really not a charitable organization and there are so many others out there.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I use Vietnam Vets of America....they come to your house for pickup and leave a tax receipt,  I don't even have to leave my home, just schedule a pickup date.  

@BadWolf wrote:

@phoenixbrd  My SS class works with the AGAPEs providing for expectant mothers, homeless and orphans.  I give to them and I give DH to Salvation Army.  We used to give to our gardener but he died.  We have a commercial service now which, like my housekeeper, overcharges for very little work.