Respected Contributor

Re: Tonight Fashion's Night In

I think Alberti does a fine job presenting fashion. He's more thorough and detailed that some of the women hosts IMO.

Super Contributor

I’m sorry, he is not appropriate as a host presenting women’s clothing.   He knows NOTHING about the fit.  H e was a POP princess before QVC.  Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h1Ce1cDaY

Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
@SuhseKI do not enjoy Shawn and have found her to have morphed into a trainwreck over the last couple of years. Before anyone accuses me of bashing or being hateful, nasty or whatever, let me say I used to love her and she inspired me to make some very significant changes in my life which I wont detail now. While I have lost all respect for her I do agree she has a nice figure and when she does wear QVC clothes they look good on her. I think you're right and she is more likely an 8/10 rather than the XXS/size 2 she claims to be.

@spursfan2  - I agree with everything you're stating.  I use to enjoy Shawn in the past, but not a fan anymore.  I was watching her for a little while last night, but not for long.  She looks good in what she wears, but she's definitely not an XXXS or size 2.

Esteemed Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

I’m sorry, he is not appropriate as a host presenting women’s clothing.   He knows NOTHING about the fit.  H e was a POP princess before QVC.  Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h1Ce1cDaY

@bigtraps  He has had an interesting career and as far as his singing career in Albania so many years ago, "His most popular single was ‘Write to my email’, which won the best male video award at the 2006 Video Fest Awards in Prishtina, Kosova".  I'm happy he is now with QVC and I enjoy his fashion presentations. Models are there to show the fit not the presenters.  

Honored Contributor

I didn’t watch the whole show, but I did see him present a few items. Thought he did a fine job. HSN had a male host who presented women’s clothing years ago. He was a good host too. Can’t remember his name right now. 

Honored Contributor

I could care less if the host is male or female; I just find him difficult to watch! Perhaps that's his true personality but I find it grates on my last nerve!!

Valued Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe But she would never admit to her true size which to me shows insecurity. She is more like a size 6 but says shes a XXS or XS, size 2-4, most of the time

Valued Contributor

@spursfan2 thank you for your opinion, which I happen to agree with. And what has happened to one's giving their opinion and it translates into being a hater or judgmental? People are so easily offended now at things that don't need to be taken offense too. ANYWAY, yes she is NOT an XXS/XS or a size 2 or 4...Amy, Courtney K, Kirsten yes-those are there sizes. And if we are supposed to embrace our bodies and be confident and pass that along to our daughters, nieces, friends kids, we have to admit to the truth. Plus, bodies change as one approaches 50! I know-I'm 59, 5'10" and a size 14 with hips and thighs.

Contributor

Just wanted to note that  Shawn may be an XXS./ XS in QVC size.  I am a small up top and a med-large bottom, but in QVC I am an XS top and Small bottom.  It seems most clothing from QVC runs larger.  Same with shoes.  Was told to size up in Spenco because half sizes were not available.  I am a true 8 1/2 but shoes on the Q I can wear an 8.