Honored Contributor

I saw a colorblock dress this afternoon for $19.95 and ordered it. The brand is CENIA, never heard of it and have never seen it on HSN before. It's teal and navy.

I thought the colorblocking was cool, the length is around 40" which  I like, and it zips in the back. Who knows how it will fit. I have a couple of those inexpensive colorblock "weatherwoman" dresses from Amazon and I love them. Similar style to the CENIA dress. I always love a new dress, makes me feel pretty Smiley Very Happy

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I saw a colorblock dress this afternoon for $19.95 and ordered it. The brand is CENIA, never heard of it and have never seen it on HSN before. It's teal and navy.

I thought the colorblocking was cool, the length is around 40" which  I like, and it zips in the back. Who knows how it will fit. I have a couple of those inexpensive colorblock "weatherwoman" dresses from Amazon and I love them. Similar style to the CENIA dress. I always love a new dress, makes me feel pretty Smiley Very Happy

I hope this one is a "hit", @Greeneyedlady21.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

ThanksSmiley Wink 

I have another clearance dress from HSN that I love, it's a long black Carmen Marc Valvo (I think he used to be on QVC years ago not sure) with a halter style neckline. Can dress it up or down. It was 20 something dollars. It's fun to scour their site for finds. I am a dedicated bargain shopper, love the thrill of a good one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

ThanksSmiley Wink 

I have another clearance dress from HSN that I love, it's a long black Carmen Marc Valvo (I think he used to be on QVC years ago not sure) with a halter style neckline. Can dress it up or down. It was 20 something dollars. It's fun to scour their site for finds. I am a dedicated bargain shopper, love the thrill of a good one.

I hear you! It's a great feeling to get a "deal."

Honored Contributor

Re: Tomorrow on HSN

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I just looked at this dress and it's really pretty.  Said there was ONE left and it was in my size (the CENIA fit I thought was best for me) but when I tried to order it said that it was sold out.  Smiley Sad 

OH, WAIT, I think I read the "fit" description wrong.  Went back and got the regular fit on waitlist.  YAY, I think that fit is the best for me.  The CENIA fit says it's best for a pear shape.  So I think the regular is better for me.  I hope so because it looks like I'll get the dress in October.  And I ordered the teal and navy.  Great colors for me.

I'd love to hear how you like this dress when you receive it.  Looks like a winner to me!!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

Will do, will let you know. I had all kinds of issues ordering too, was trying to look at the measurements and they kept selling out on me. Ordered the CENIA fit first and it sold out so I got a regular fit with the mostly teal. Wanted the mostly navy because I just like the slimming effect of the mostly darker color. I am smaller on top than bottom so I guess that is a pear shape but according to the measurements it should work for me. Doesn't mean it will. Glad you liked the dress.

I was 10+ pounds lighter last year due to stress over my Mom's  health and my whole situation caring for her. Would never want to go back to losing weight for those reasons but fit issues didn't exist. Hardly the worst problem to have though.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Will do, will let you know. I had all kinds of issues ordering too, was trying to look at the measurements and they kept selling out on me. Ordered the CENIA fit first and it sold out so I got a regular fit with the mostly teal. Wanted the mostly navy because I just like the slimming effect of the mostly darker color. I am smaller on top than bottom so I guess that is a pear shape but according to the measurements it should work for me. Doesn't mean it will. Glad you liked the dress.

I was 10+ pounds lighter last year due to stress over my Mom's  health and my whole situation caring for her. Would never want to go back to losing weight for those reasons but fit issues didn't exist. Hardly the worst problem to have though.

I hear you.  I lost 14 pounds a few months ago due to a stomach issue and I didn't have the weight to lose.  I've gained maybe half of it back and feel (and look!) much better.

Hope your stress levels have gone down.  Not the best way to lose weight, for sure.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot Thank you. I did have the weight to lose but my clothes were hanging off me and I did not look well. Still stressed but I am getting some needed help for that too. Painful family issues too, unfortunately.

Anyway sorry for the overshare, glad you are feeling better. Some good clothing bargains are a nice pick me up aren't they? I am 5'10 so it's tough to find the dresses that aren't too short too. Other than maxis.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tomorrow on HSN

[ Edited ]

I was watching HSN in the wee hours and they were featuring a pair of Giuliana jeans for 40% off.  Colleen was going on and on about what a great fit they were.  The pair the model was wearing were so tight it was impossible for them to be stretched anymore.

I cannot see how showing models in such ill-fitting clothes could be incentive for anyone to purchase the item.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot Thank you. I did have the weight to lose but my clothes were hanging off me and I did not look well. Still stressed but I am getting some needed help for that too. Painful family issues too, unfortunately.

Anyway sorry for the overshare, glad you are feeling better. Some good clothing bargains are a nice pick me up aren't they? I am 5'10 so it's tough to find the dresses that aren't too short too. Other than maxis.

I hope things get much better for you!  I can empathize with painful family issues.

I absoiutely think that some good clothing bargains are a nice pick me up!  I totally related to you saying that a new "Weatherwoman" dress made you feel pretty.  Me Too! Cat Happy  Nothing like it Smiley Happy