Super Contributor

Re: Tommy Hilfiger's opinion of floral prints

PS - Tommy Hilfiger doesn't like distressed jeans either, I love them so, WHO CARES :-D

Respected Contributor

Why be upset about a designer's opinion? That's great to have more styles to choose from. I don't wear floral prints, and I would be likely to wear his clothing than I would Isaac M.

Valued Contributor

We all have our own opinion and doesn't mean we have to or don't have to wear them. He is also entitled to his opinion.

Respected Contributor

I refuse to wear floral prints, so I guess I agree with Tommy.

Valued Contributor

I avoid floral prints because they always remind me of Marie Berone on Everybody Loves Raymond, no matter who's wearing it.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/6/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

I would rather look like Granny's wallpaper than a lumberjack.

Florals Are Going To Be Spring Favorites! - Floral Dresses

If I had to choose between these looks, I would go with the lumberjack. Granny's wallpaper is just a little too Charlotte from SITC for me. But then I live in Minnesota and we have been dressing lumberjack for what seems like a lifetime this winter! Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/6/2014 evergreen said:

I'm not averse to floral prints but I think some designers have crossed the line and have made them way too bold. The JR jacket from a few months back would be an example of too much, too big and not attractive in my estimation. I prefer a more subtle version of the floral print or any print for that matter. To me, less is more.

I agree. I don't mind so much a small floral, but so much of it is huge flowers in bold colors, it's just not for me. I have seen a lot of them lately and yes, they do remind me of my grandma's couch. JMO

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Hilfiger always has florals in their collection. They tend to be small floral prints.

I find that look more flattering than the large florals, at least on me.

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

I would rather look like Granny's wallpaper than a lumberjack.

Florals Are Going To Be Spring Favorites! - Floral Dresses

I don't care for the dress, either. But that second photo? That's just winter boho chic!

Honored Contributor

He can say whatever he wants. The fact is some people like them and some people don't. I have seen some hideous flower prints and other prints from all designers - T. Hilfiger included.