Honored Contributor

Tomcat from Mother Jeans

[ Edited ]

This is a new line of jean from Mother called Tomcat.  It's a straight jean with a 14" hem opening and high rise. 11" and is high for jeans.  Almost the waist. Inseam is 28"  The color name is cute:  Tequila Mockingbird   Made in Los Angeles   I love Mother.  A line of jeans that is so irreverent.  It makes fun of themselves.

MOTHER The Tomcat Ankle Jeans

Respected Contributor

Re: Tomcat from Mother Jeans

I like these jeans and the inseam is perfect. Do you happen to know how much they go for and where they are available. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Not for me - too short and too high waisted!  I like a shorter jean in a skinny jean though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvdoodleswrote:

I like these jeans and the inseam is perfect. Do you happen to know how much they go for and where they are available. Thanks.

There is good news and bad news.  They're at two websites.  Google: Mother Jeans and at Shopbob. You can find them at Nordstrom also,  but you pay tax.  Free shipping and no taxes on either site.  The price is high $238.00.  You can wait a while for the price to go down.  I usually do.  I keep track of the jean because my size goes quickly.  You can also google boutiques who might sell it for a little less.  Net a Porter, etc.  Just google the name of the jean. Made in the U.S. with great quality denim that will last for many years and made in the U.S.  Their denim never stretches out.  Oops I forgot.  In case your size sells out (the jeans sell quickly) there is a button at the Mother site that you click to request your size to be back in stock.

Respected Contributor

Yikes, that price is a little out of my price range, actually way out of my price range. They would have to fit me to a t. I will do as you do and check those sites for sales. Thanks for letting me know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvdoodleswrote:

Yikes, that price is a little out of my price range, actually way out of my price range. They would have to fit me to a t. I will do as you do and check those sites for sales. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah.  That price is about average for Premium Jeans that are new.  They are not at all like the cheap ones. When they drop down on sale you can usually get them around $100.00,  Someitmes $80.00. I always buy online and never had to return one.  They always fit me.  But my size is 26 (which is like a dress 2) You should get stretch jeans.  They won't stretch out.  Cheaper premium jeans are: 7 for All Mankind. J Brand has good sales.  Just check their sites. Mother, Frame, Rag & Bone are expensive.  

Go to good depaartment stores and just try them on.  Make note of the fit and the brand and go from there.  

Honored Contributor

@Pookwrote:

Not for me - too short and too high waisted!  I like a shorter jean in a skinny jean though.

I agree, @Pook. I just don't think that they are as flattering as a skinnier jean. I prefer a 9-inch rise and about a 28-inch inseam. Seems to make my legs look longer.

I'm super pleased with my J.Crew skinny jeans. To me, they are excellent quality and style at a reasonable price. I don't necessarily buy into this "premium" sales pitch. J. Crew uses denim for some top factories. No, they're not USA made, but I'm okay with that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland