Valued Contributor

Tom Ford Sunglasses?....

[ Edited ]

A555016

-Tom Ford Claudia Shiny Rose Gold/Gradient Brown Sunglasses . .  

< link >  

-->   $520.00  . . .   ($12.72 S&H) . . . . ($173.33 x 3 EPs)

. . . . . . . . .  ** G U L P  **   . . . . . .

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tom Ford Sunglasses?....

I've spent $400 for sunglasses, but only because someone gave me a gc for $300. So my out of pocket was only $100. Not sure I would do it again tho .... I've become a bit more frugal as I've aged. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

I've spent $400 for sunglasses, but only because someone gave me a gc for $300. So my out of pocket was only $100. Not sure I would do it again tho .... I've become a bit more frugal as I've aged. Smiley Happy 

~~~~~

@kate2357   WOW!  .. Since this will never, ever happen to, or for me...

How did the $400 sunglasses feel? .. Could you tell a difference in feel, or sight?  .. or in any way?

I bought (2) of Q's "Prive Revaux" glasses, and they fell apart inside of 5 hrs!  So, if expensive sun/glasses last beyond 5 hrs, maybe it's worth it? .. .. esp with GC!    as opposed to a total loss of $$$ that I took for "Prive Revaux"

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

@TwinkleBell Sorry to hear that the Prive Revaux's did not do well for you.  I have bought several of their readers and they have held up so far.  I've just been buying them when they are really cheap on the lunchtime specials.  I probably do need to get a new pair of sunglasses.   $400 is a bit out of my budget and I'm too rough on glasses to risk it!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised.  He's a major designer.  I think Gucci, Versace and others have frames that might even cost more.  I don't know if you can purchase them on EZ Pay though.....Woman Happy

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Tom Ford

TOM FORD 52mm Blue Light Blocking Glasses, Main, color, SHINY BLACK/ BLUE BLOCK LENS

Moncler $520.00

MONCLER 57mm Optical Glasses, Main, color, SHINY PALLADIUM/ CLEAR

Esteemed Contributor

The Claudia's are nice and there are several styles.  A cursory search on the internet and I've found them for less than $400.00.

Claudia 2.  In addition on Tom Ford's website has them for less than $500.00.

Esteemed Contributor

@TwinkleBell

They were beautiful, but there was no difference in feel or sight. I was younger when I bought these and at this point in my life, I spend my money in different ways.

Don't get me wrong...I will splurge on clothing/boots/jewelry from time to time. But nowhere as much as I did in my 30's...before marriage and babies.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

You can get "frugal" COPIES at all the "chain" optical companies

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

If I was a millionaire many times over, I would not pay that much for sunglasses.