Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,714
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

For some reason I am not a big fan of this line.  I've just never seen anything that strikes me.  I like colorful and fun patterns but this just doesn't do it for me.  I also find it overpriced, for me anyway.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,050
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

@Susan Louise  I didn't see the presentation, but looked at the dress because of this post.  I LOVE the green - it is definitely not a QVC vibe, maybe more Anthropology or store like that. If you remember, I hope you come back here and provide a review when you get it.

 

I only bought one item from Tolani and, although I like it, the ironing/steaming to get it ready to wear is a little much.  I thought I heard them say about another new item it was new fabric, so especially interested about the wrinkling factor.  Hope it's good news and you enjoy your new dress!

Super Contributor
Posts: 369
Registered: ‎05-21-2018

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego , I own several Tolani tops, a couple of the original kimono's and the newer material.  I read a tip from someone who said she puts her Tolani's in the dryer, low, for 10 minutes, then removes it and finishes line drying.  I tried my older 100% Model tops, one just line drying, no dryer, and another with the 10 minute method.  I found there was hardly any wrinkles in the dryer method compared to line drying.  There was a little puckering around the front seams but once the item fully dried, I could smooth then out with my hands.  The new material is more a polyester feel, it doesn't wrinkle, but I think the dress was listed as 100% modal which is her standard fabric.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,153
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Susan Louise  I didn't see the presentation, but looked at the dress because of this post.  I LOVE the green - it is definitely not a QVC vibe, maybe more Anthropology or store like that. If you remember, I hope you come back here and provide a review when you get it.

 

I only bought one item from Tolani and, although I like it, the ironing/steaming to get it ready to wear is a little much.  I thought I heard them say about another new item it was new fabric, so especially interested about the wrinkling factor.  Hope it's good news and you enjoy your new dress!


 

@Alter Ego  Did you watch the video? When I saw Tolani herself wearing the dress, I HAD to have it...lol

 

Yes, I'll post back and @ you after I receive & try on the dress. Hopefully I won't be on waitlist too long. Usually with modal garments, to keep the wrinkles at bay, after washing I put them in the dryer for about 10-15 minutes and then take them out. If there are any wrinkles at that point, I'll smooth them out by hand and then air dry/hang them.

 

I am crossing fingers that the dress colors/hues of the darker pinks and the aqua-ish blues will pair well with one or both of the 2 new Patricia Nash TSV handbags I got in the magenta & aqua croc! That would be fabulous! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,153
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695


@LindaSal wrote:

For some reason I am not a big fan of this line.  I've just never seen anything that strikes me.  I like colorful and fun patterns but this just doesn't do it for me.  I also find it overpriced, for me anyway.


 

@LindaSal  I felt the same way until I saw this green dress Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,153
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

Like Logo, Tolani is not my cup of tea.  I wonder if the more artistic ladies like these two brands.  I guess I must be boring. Smiley Happy

Contributor
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎02-22-2019

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

The dress is unique with a bohemian vibe and the green is pretty.  But why are they calling it 3/4 sleeve when the sleeves are obviously short?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,050
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

I eventually watched the video after my initial comment and need to once again call out the lighting on Q’s photos. The colors in the video are significantly more vibrant. The pink in particular is a completely different dress. Q REALLY needs to get new photographers because I’m really beginning to believe you can’t trust the photos anymore.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,237
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

I'm sorry I missed it.  I would have ordered the blue/green in a heartbeat.  I think it's quirky and yes, something you'd see in Anthropologie or Sundance for twice the price.  We live in a beach town and it would have fit my lifestyle perfectly.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,153
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Tolani Dress on Summer style A397695

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

I'm sorry I missed it.  I would have ordered the blue/green in a heartbeat.  I think it's quirky and yes, something you'd see in Anthropologie or Sundance for twice the price.  We live in a beach town and it would have fit my lifestyle perfectly.


 

@lulu1  Absolutely!

I suggest keeping a window open and keep checking back for any cancellations for the next week or two. 

 

My brain has been on a gerbil wheel with this green dress...LOL

I kept thinking about what shoes/sandals I have to wear with it. Although I have a couple of white sandals, I think the Earth Origins A393614 I have in the coco will pair perfectly.

 

I say this because the green dress has 2 strips of material along the back & upper waist area and toward the bottom hem with a faded antique purple & beige throughout. Then carrying the Patricia Nash aqua croc...that is the outfit in my head. Smiley Very Happy

 

I'm really hoping the magenta croc will also pair nicely...so hard to tell without having the dress & handbags side by side though...

 

Side note: When I ordered the green dress I sized down. I'm a size 10 and ordered a small. When I saw Tolani wearing it, although absolutely beautiful, the dress was just a tad too big on her from the waist up for my liking. I'd rather have a more semi-fitted look on the top...not quite so relaxed. I don't suggest doing this if one has a large chest or is apple shaped.