Super Contributor

Re: Today's TSV Shoes. Yay or Nay?

I actually love that it is a velcro closure. You get more of a custom fit that way. Often times, the holes in the buckle are a bit off - too big on one, too small on another. The velcro allows you to customize to the exact spot you need. Love it! I ordered the brown.

Honored Contributor

Dyed to match elastic would be my choice over Velcro.

Valued Contributor

Pet hair sticks on velcro whenever we have it. ugh

Valued Contributor

I like these Clark's wedges much better. Notice the buckle instead of the Velcro. Not as ""heavy"" looking. They are $110 though...but much nicer (imo) than the TSV.

Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 sylviahomeatlast said:

Pet hair sticks on velcro whenever we have it. ugh

ITA.

Valued Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Rottie_mama said:

What is up with all the Velcro? Am I the only person who has ever had Velcro wear out or fail? (Set myself up on that one. LOL)

I like the shoe but I am leery about Velcro. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You are not the only one to have the Velcro fail on a shoe. What a horrible concept. I have cycling cleats that I paid $200 for, and they are in perfect condition except for the dumb Velcro that the front flaps go through. It is a very heavy duty Velcro, but it failed too! Velcro is not a good option on shoes of any kind!

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:
On 2/26/2015 Rottie_mama said:

What is up with all the Velcro? Am I the only person who has ever had Velcro wear out or fail? (Set myself up on that one. LOL)

I like the shoe but I am leery about Velcro. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You are not the only one to have the Velcro fail on a shoe. What a horrible concept. I have cycling cleats that I paid $200 for, and they are in perfect condition except for the dumb Velcro that the front flaps go through. It is a very heavy duty Velcro, but it failed too! Velcro is not a good option on shoes of any kind!

Not a shoe but I bought the Joy Mangano Best Beauty Cases and the biggest one from the set will no longer stay closed because the velcro failed. Now the case just lays open all the time. Drives me nuts.

Trusted Contributor

I might actually consider purchasing this shoe if it weren't for that velcro closure. To me, it screams "comfort shoe."

Esteemed Contributor

I bought from the insider and sent back - although I honestly can't remember why!! I don't think the Velcro fit properly - like, it was the correct size shoe, but the Velcro wasn't long enough and all you see was the rough side. Strange.
Super Contributor

Nay to any shoes (and clothes) presented on QVC. Buying those elsewhere, indefinitely, until the sizing in shoes and clothes is standardized from factory to factory within that same style/brand, which will likely never happen.

Better to try on at the brick and mortars. Then I can see it up close, feel it, try it on, and decide if the quality is worthy of my hard earned money.