Honored Contributor

Re: Today's TS Sketchers Boot..... An Oxymoron in fashion?

I just cant figure out why real leather and suede is so expensive.  There are probably thousands of animals killed daily to feed this country and the world.  There should be animal hides, wool, fur, lamb skin to spare.  Prices for "real" should not be high.  Same thing for diamonds, they are worth nothing as they are only carbon.  Ask any gemologist.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Today's TS Sketchers Boot..... An Oxymoron in fashion?

[ Edited ]

UGG boots and the Skechers boots really cannot be compared.  I have owned UGG boots.  They were given to me as a gift.  First, I find them ugly but beside that, they aren't made to be worn in snow or slippery conditions.  I found the bottom of my UGG boots to be extremely slippery and even when I wore them in just wet conditions, there were times I would slip in them.  They weren't good for traction and I didn't feel stable in them unless it was perfectly dry conditions.

I bought a pair of Skechers boots from Marshall's last year.  They were the same suede and faux fur but mine fold down to make them about the same height as the TSV was.  I wore them to NYC and that is pretty much all I wore during the day for walking around.  We walked miles and miles.  My feet never ached or even hurt the slightest bit.  The bottom of the boots are totally different than an UGG boot and provide traction or stability. 

I would wear my Skechers in snow and I'd wear them on ice.  I'd never wear an UGG in either of those conditions.