Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

Not naming any names...just giving an opinion.  Isn't that what this is all about?  I cannot find anything presentable on tv shopping chanels.  THAT is my opinion.  Didn't put anyone down...just my opinion.  I am not able to shop for lengthy periods of time.  I want something that looks neat, professional.  Not to be found on tv.

@Islandqueen1.  Why are you here posting and obviously browsing since you can't stand the merchandise?  Seems like your time would be better utilized if you'd get in your car and head to the mall.

I'd say you're putting down everyone who shops here.  With the variety of merchandise QVC carries, there's something wrong with someone who can't find anything to like.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Today's Style

[ Edited ]

@Islandqueen1  I'm sorry you're being ridiculed.  I agree with your post.  There are some awful "fashions" out there.  Smiley Happy 

Frequent Contributor

Have never walked behind a woman with the shark hem, that her behind did not look huge.  Sorry, except for Amy which looks good in everything.

Honored Contributor

We all have likes and dislikes in fashion. Personal style is just that - personal. I actually think there is more variety out there for women than ever before.

Sometimes when a certain style is trending it can be difficult to find something without that trend, but I just have to look a bit harder and shop from retailers that carry more of the styles I prefer. 

Respected Contributor

Tortured? Oh boy you'd be in pain if you hung with me...love color, some prints, ankle - crop pants, tunics, eazy breezy oversize tops & never tuck all the way in. I'm not sloppy, I dress causal everyday & I need to be able to move volunteering at hospitals but if I have to dress up for an occasion I do. Everyone has a style they prefer...enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@crackster wrote:

Have never walked behind a woman with the shark hem, that her behind did not look huge.  Sorry, except for Amy which looks good in everything.

@crackster   Well sorry you haven't walked behind me.  I look wonderful!  All my friends tell me so. 

Regular Contributor

How rude.  As I  mentioned I cannot shop for very long periods of time.  So please quit being a bully.  You are totally out of order.

Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1 

I am sorry you are feeling bullied, at times when you post on here you are subjected to others comments

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

How rude.  As I  mentioned I cannot shop for very long periods of time.  So please quit being a bully.  You are totally out of order.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
The OP is not being bullied. She mocked women for liking certain styles and got called out on for being rude. I don't understand why some of you can't express your thoughts without making fun of others. But if it makes you feel better and superior because you don't wear ankle pants and sharkbites, so be it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Style

[ Edited ]

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

I am so, so sick of the style that has been torturing me for the past few years.  Ugly prints, baggy,  non coordinating colors/prints, sloppy, high-low tops, shark bite,tops half in and half out.   Ankle pants?  Non of this attractive for a woman, maybe a teen that is trying to be an individual or make a statment.  But none of it is for a woman that wants to look nice.

@Islandqueen1 ,

Of course your opinion is valid, it’s your opinion to have and express.  But so are the opposing opinions that have responded. 

But tossing out the “bully” term?  It’s all in how you presented your ideas.  You said, “But none of it is for a woman that wants to look nice” was a comment that probably drove 99% of the opposing posts here.  So it may come as a surprise that not every woman wants to dress exactly the same way as any other woman, and they can still look quite beautiful in their style.  

Welcome to the Fashion board.