Regular Contributor

I am so, so sick of the style that has been torturing me for the past few years.  Ugly prints, baggy,  non coordinating colors/prints, sloppy, high-low tops, shark bite,tops half in and half out.   Ankle pants?  Non of this attractive for a woman, maybe a teen that is trying to be an individual or make a statment.  But none of it is for a woman that wants to look nice.

Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1Nothing much wrong with anyone -  we all get to choose and we're are so fortunate to have a very wide selection of products in this country from which to choose.

BTW-  I never feel wrong when I wear my ankle pants . I'm quite sure I started wearing them long before I ever saw them on the Q.  How about Bloomingdale's in 2001?  They're not all that new.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Fashion Board.

We all want to look nice.  There are so many choices that we have now to look our best - and those include many things that are on your list.

Hope you find things that you like and you look great in.  Hopefully, nobody criticizes your fashion choices.

Honored Contributor

Wear what you like and allow others to do the same

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Style

[ Edited ]

USpring is almost here...time for many to drag out the most hideous look of all...baggy Capri pants with athletic shoes...can’t stand it! You can lecture if you like...but we are all entitled to our opinions....am criticizing the look...not the person who wears it....

kn a better note, am happy to see some tops actually being sold as tops and not tunics...tunics come down almost down to my knees....ridiculous!

Regular Contributor

Problem is:  As you stated there is a selection....no, not really anymore.  Especially on tv shopping chanels.

Respected Contributor
Oh boy another bash the current styles and the people that wear them thread. How about you wear what you like let others do the same without making snotty social judgments.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not naming any names...just giving an opinion.  Isn't that what this is all about?  I cannot find anything presentable on tv shopping chanels.  THAT is my opinion.  Didn't put anyone down...just my opinion.  I am not able to shop for lengthy periods of time.  I want something that looks neat, professional.  Not to be found on tv.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

I am so, so sick of the style that has been torturing me for the past few years.  Ugly prints, baggy,  non coordinating colors/prints, sloppy, hig-low tops, shark bite,tops half in and half out.  What is wrong with people?  Ankle pants?  Non of this attractive for a woman, maybe a teen that is trying to be an individual or make a statment.  But none of it is for a woman that wants to look nice.

@Islandqueen1  I wear shark bite tops, ankle pants and prints you might not like and I look absolutely fabulous in them all.  The shark bites are from a while back and are getting ready to go, but you should see how good they all look on me!

What I don't wear because I'm getting older?  Jeans and t-shirts with something written on them.  I've gone mostly to non-jean pants, capris and ankle pants in the summer; chinos and such in the winter.  Worn with nice t-shirts, button down shirts or sweaters, and many times with a jacket over one of these.  

Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

Not naming any names...just giving an opinion.  Isn't that what this is all about?  I cannot find anything presentable on tv shopping chanels.  THAT is my opinion.  Didn't put anyone down...just my opinion.  I am not able to shop for lengthy periods of time.  I want something that looks neat, professional.  Not to be found on tv.

@Islandqueen1   That’s why I purchase most of my clothing at the mall.