Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Special sun glasses

@wagirl 

I had the same thought about the "Hollywood" connection.   It's actually a turn-off for me.  

------------------

@wagirl wrote:

Meh!!! need fit overs and have a very nice pair from AMZ--don't really get the sunglasses craze and really, the star power behind them doesn't impress  me anyway----would never buy just because of that----unimpressed----

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing I would like to see addressed is how much the glasses weigh. Some people say their PR glasses are heavy. For me that is an issue and it limits which ones I can wear. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my really old pair of bifocals has little round magnets located right where the arms fold in and the separate sunglass has magnets too. The sunglass part is just lenses w/frames, no arms, you just hold them up to the glasses and they snap right on. I'm way past due for an eye exam and probably new prescription, not even sure if you can get this kind anymore. 

Honored Contributor

We both really like the fit overs!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Lala Ann wrote:

Very nice glasses, but how many times a day do they give the same presentation? 

I only wish I could wear them because I need prescription lenses. 

SO many.

I think the colorful tortoiseshell and striped frames are really cute, but I also need prescription lenses. 

Honored Contributor

They will repeat until sold out!  It is like that w/ all TSV.

I have their readers and sunglasses.  The non-glare for computers is excellent.  My prescription $$$ glasses don't have that!

I don't find them heavy at all and good quality for the money.

I could care less about celebrities!  They have so many styles and shapes, you just have to pick one that you think you would look good in!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several pair of the PR sunglasses and love them all. One thing about them it, they might look big, but they are lightweight. I noticed that right away. I cannot wear heavy sunglasses on my nose for any length of time. I certainly don't need any more sunglasses (I have enough for 10 people), so I will pass on this TSV. Their blue-blocking readers are really good. Wearing a pair right now.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Lala Ann wrote:

Very nice glasses, but how many times a day do they give the same presentation? 

I only wish I could wear them because I need prescription lenses. 

They will be on continuously all day.  I don't like any of this brand and I don't care for the famous person who brings them.  They are a joke.

I have a pair that I should have returned because I don't care for the brand. In my opinion they are overrated. Actually I prefer the sunglasses given to me at the Surgery Center following my cataract surgery. 

@sann, I said the same thing.  Based on my experience, I think this is one of the most overrated lines on QVC.     

Super Contributor

I agree!!!  

I have tried these four times thinking I must be missing something.  Yes, My Money for the Returns!!!

Advertised as Polarized. . they do NOT compare to my Maui Jims.  

No More. . . fooled me four times. . YIKES. .that is on me. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One thing I would like to see addressed is how much the glasses weigh. Some people say their PR glasses are heavy. For me that is an issue and it limits which ones I can wear. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Of course I haven't seen them all but the couple of pair I had were very light.  I found them to be cheap plastic and that's what they looked like too.

However, I thought the ones they call GOAT were heavy.  I saw them in a shop once and checked them out.