New Contributor

Today's Special Value capri pants

My hips are an exact 36". These capris are XXS-35" and XS-37". What size should I order? Do these run small, large or true to size? I wear XXS in all their tops.
Respected Contributor

Re: Today's Special Value capri pants

No one knows how they run, they are a new item and your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Also, based on the Q's reputation that the size chart is accurate, I wouldn't bet on any of those measurements.

I really can't believe 1" would really make that much of a difference.

Good Luck making your decision. I opted for not ordering, we'll see what everyone else says. I'll stick to A14924 if I need any additional pairs.

Super Contributor

I'm with OP, I understand the difference an inch can make. My hips are 35.5, so I ordered 2 pair of the pedal pushers with the buttons at the bottom (A89432) last week in xxs. Black was fine, but the desert sand was about 1/2" smaller and pulled too much across the hips for my liking and I had to send that pair back. I wanted to order the TSV today, but I'm sticking with A14924, as nantucket shore mentioned. I do like how the TSV came in petite, though.

Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 californiamomofthree said:

I'm with OP, I understand the difference an inch can make. My hips are 35.5, so I ordered 2 pair of the pedal pushers with the buttons at the bottom (A89432) last week in xxs. Black was fine, but the desert sand was about 1/2" smaller and pulled too much across the hips for my liking and I had to send that pair back. I wanted to order the TSV today, but I'm sticking with A14924, as nantucket shore mentioned. I do like how the TSV came in petite, though.

I have a few of A04911I have found that the lighter colors run just a tad smaller than the darker colors, and I can't figure out why that is, it makes no sense?

Valued Contributor

No d&co pants are the same size. The whole thing is a carumba shoot. I ordered the olive in a S although I know I could fit into the XS. It is really a big surprise when they arrive and they actually DO fit. I could get a really small S, that would be good but all of the other sizes the S could be will not work. At least with brands like Liz and Isaac, I can count on the pants actually being the size I ordered. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

They obviously sold a lot of these pants. They were not my style. The legs are always far too big on D & C pants. I can't wear most of their styles.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 Raider Fan said:

No d&co pants are the same size. The whole thing is a carumba shoot. I ordered the olive in a S although I know I could fit into the XS. It is really a big surprise when they arrive and they actually DO fit. I could get a really small S, that would be good but all of the other sizes the S could be will not work. At least with brands like Liz and Isaac, I can count on the pants actually being the size I ordered. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

ITA But, Logo sizing is all over the map too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 winamac1 said:

They obviously sold a lot of these pants. They were not my style. The legs are always far too big on D & C pants. I can't wear most of their styles.

Last year I wore a pair of tan capris with the green watercolor print t-shirt to a Red Sox picnic at training camp. It was the highlight of the trip.

I had my picture taken with Dustin Pedroia and John Farrell. I was so happy - until the pictures came back. The D&C pants were SO big through the legs (and I had downsized to a small) that I looked like a moose! It was so UNFLATTERING.

I have other pics from the same trip wearing Gap capris and straight leg jeans and I looked A-OK. I'm not that large (usually size 10).

I learned my lesson...no more D&C pedal pushers or capris. I seriously think they tailor the legs on some of the hosts.

Honored Contributor

'Still', they look like pedal pushers, to me, anyway. Similar to A251362 D&Co. How Comfy Pedal Pushers. I don't have the length measurements, but just from what I recall and the general look, they seem similar to Pedal Pushers as far as the total look, IMO. I must be recalling Gidget, MTM, Audrey Hepburn, etc., and 'capris' always seem longer to me, in my mind. The pants Lisa R. was wearing looked more like 'capris' to me. Oh, well, different strokes for different folks..............{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} ............ I must add that they are very cute for women who like that particular length. I'm just 'looking back' to what capris were called years ago. Can't help myself.................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

I usually order a few inches smaller than my actual hip measurement when there's 4% or more spandex, you're going to have stretch of an inch or so on each hip, that's perfect in my experience. My hips measure around 48 and I choose everything based on the hip. If there is stretch in the fabric 45 usually works great.

Lovely hip measurement of 36" in my dreams, DLOP {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}