Honored Contributor

Tod's Fall Winter 2020/2021 Show

I'm not fond of the oversized look, but this show had a few interesting items that weren't so big. 

Loved the long black coat with the sequins and I WANT that long plaid wool scarf the model was wearing!

I was also surprised to see Bella Hadid in the show, as there were no other top models I recognized.

See the source image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBh2M5hU0kw

Did you like anything?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Tod's Fall Winter 2020/2021 Show

Coats caught my eye...the long plaid, and long leathers.  Also, the trousers, but much too long.  Actually, too much I like.  

Don't like this oversized look with droopy shoulder seams.  During the 80's, oversizing was designed to fit the shoulders even though the shoulder pads were huge.  Clothing didn't look like you were wearing something two sizes too big.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee I really think women will size down, don't you?  Most are "baby boomers" who can buy pretty much what they want.  They've slaved for their figures.  I doubt they want to hide those hard fought for figures under a bunch of fabric!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I could only watch about half of it before I started to cringe on seeing every new model!  No to the pants dragging hems on the ground, that's just as ugly as the "high waters" that were popular for so long!  What's wrong with pants that cover your ankles  but don't get caught on your boot heels?  And the baggy coats and tops over the saggy pants?  Uuuugly!  Too much "uber-androgyne" look as well, not to mention so many models that looked nearly starved to death!  That is NOT attractive!  All in all, I very much hope that this designer is "outer fringe" of the upcoming fall and winter fashion world look!

Respected Contributor

Very androgenous looking models and clothing.  I guess the time is coming where we are really blurring the lines between male and female. 

I thought the fabrics were exquisite and I guess if you have some baggy pants in your closet you'll be stylish.  The long overcoats were nice.  Wasn't crazy about the color pallette.  Very depressing.  I always thought Tod's was leather goods, didn't know there was a clothing line.  I just can't imagine any starlet or wealthy woman of means dressed head to toe in these outfits, unless they lived in Siberia or somewhere really really freezing cold.  But I do enjoy seeing the body covered as opposed to things being popped out and shown off.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing